It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 4   [ 85 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: What are you up to?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:35 pm 

I've self-isolated for the last four years so nothing's really changed for me. Wrapping up the latest episode of my show and hoping to release it by end of week. If you're a Husker Du fan you'll like it.

The Cannabis Gardener Grow Website
Get Stoned with Ron Black Room Productions

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:16 am 

I've been working from home for almost a month now. Staying plenty busy. In addition to my work as an economist, I'm also the emergency coordinator and continuity of operations coordinator for my office, and part of the pandemic response team, working with FEMA and DHS to provide updates on the impact the virus is having on government operations.

Related, if y'all have any covid-19 related questions, I'd be happy to answer them. In my free time I've been doing a bit of epidemiological modeling. It's not super dissimilar to the mid-century ghg emission projections that I do at work, and there's lots of trustworthy data available to work with from the Imperial College of London, IHME, and others.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:14 pm 

Awesome! What are your projections to the US economy? Do you expect things to get much worse before it gets better? Are we expecting a similar trend like the 08 recession ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:33 am 

I'm not a macroeconomic expert, but I suspect that we'll continue to see fluctuation in both directions. Upward as cases and deaths start to decline in the areas hit earlier on (China and Europe specifically), with downward drops as the market absorbs the enormity of the number of cases and deaths that will occur this week and next week in the US.

I don't expect that the market will fully stabilize until summer 2021. This thing is going to almost certainly come back this fall and force the northern hemisphere into another round of shutdowns.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:53 pm 

TIME TO BUY ALL THE STOCKS.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

z315 wrote:
TIME TO BUY ALL THE STOCKS.

If I had extra cash I would be doing exactly that. Unfortunately, everything I have is tied up in stocks, so selling that to buy other stock would be counter productive.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:57 am 

WHAT IS EVERYONE UP TO?!!!!

I'm getting to the point in my life where whenever I have time to play video games I don't have the mental capacity to do it so I just end up lying on the floor.

Hope everyone is doing well so far in 2023!

Maybe it's time for a virtual meetup on a DOD server?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:28 am 

Ha Z yep same for me re: games although once I get warmed up the kid in me comes out and it's fun.

I've been ghostwriting our horrible family history for the last year, almost done but it's a tiresome project. I've still managed to put out new video work though and looking back I'm surprised I produced so much. I rarely look back but I took a peek one day and was happy with what I saw.

Once I finish this book I'll set myself on fire to reset before launching into something fresh. I have an endless queue of media projects to work.

The Cannabis Gardener Grow Website
Get Stoned with Ron Black Room Productions

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:18 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Some of you probably know, but I started a Youtube channel awhile back. Mostly truck stuff, but here it is if you're interested:

https://www.youtube.com/uintagarage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:43 pm 

My youngest John, who turns 18 in less than 2 weeks, got accepted to WAZZU. So, he is officially a Washington State Cougar. We went to his Orientation this week, he got his room (though no room-mate as yet), and he got to schedule his classes. Also, we have to redo his paperwork as when he originally started filing for Financial Aide, both of us were working. My wife got laid off in Feb, finished her Master's in May, and is now looking for another job. So, we have to redo his financial aide forms under some kind of special 'case' as we now lost more than half our salary. Good thing is we had invested in college funds (granted not enough), but we have his 1st semester covered. :shock: :shock: :shock: Anyhow, he is doing a Chemistry Major w/Biology minor and his goal is to get into the Pharmacist Doctorate program in Spokane after he finished 4 yrs at WAZZU.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 4   [ 85 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4