It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:33 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 33 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Renegade Heroes is officially out of WoW
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

As some of you know, our community WoW guild recently imploded. AC and I, along with the other members of the Renegade Heroes owners group (Those of us that pay for this site, among other things) started the WoW arm of Renegade Heroes over 10 years ago. We built it into a top tier raiding guild over the course of several years while doing our damn well best to keep it a home for our long time members to enjoy.

Many of us have played several different games together all under the same tag as members of this community for 15+ years. We have made life long friends, through our community gaming, all over the world. Some of you grew from children to adults while part of this community. We took pride in what we had built in WoW, so even when life got in the way for AC and I and we were no longer able to play, we handed the guild over to people we could trust to carry on the RH gaming tradition. The stipulation was always that if/when the time came we would be able to come back and resume our role as leaders and founders of this community because it was important to us that RH continued on.

Unfortunately our trust was betrayed.

Orvie was given the role of caretaker of the guild, but when it came time to give back the reigns, she refused. The recent implosion of the guild was the result of a disagreement between Orvie and much of the rest of the guild. Not having been there, I don't plan to opine about who was right/wrong in this disagreement, but the GM's job is to solve issues, not make them worse and by all accounts that did not happen. When the mass exodus started happening several long time members reached out to AC and me to see if we could help solve the problem. Both of us made repeated attempts to contact Orvie and offer our help, but none of our communications were answered, although we know they were received.

At this point, after some discussion, AC decided that he would start playing again (his son has been showing interest in playing with the old man anyway), resume his role as GM and see if maybe the situation could be salvaged. However, as stated earlier, when he asked to be reinstated as GM he was rebuffed. One person has decided that their love of being in charge trumps the 15+ years of community that is RH.

The Renegade Heroes community no longer has an affiliated WoW guild. Obviously we cannot force the removal of our name from the lifeless hulk of a guild that is left, but we can let everyone know that what is left there is not us. When our kids want to start playing, or long time friends want to return, they will have to find somewhere else to play because our WoW home is no more.

Post subject: Re: Renegade Heroes is officially out of WoW
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:24 pm 

I think fondly of our times in WoW, and our times in DoD before that, and Team Fortress after. I look forward to more fond gaming memories ahead.

Cheers to Renegade Heroes. It has made my gaming life better in ways I could never have imagined.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:08 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

nooobieee wrote:
Cheers to Renegade Heroes. It has made my gaming life better in ways I could never have imagined.

:yki:

When I first became a part of this community back in 2003 :shock: I never would have imagined what it would turn into, or that it would still be part of my life all these years later. I remember being super excited when I got to wear the [RG] tag for the first time, then again when I got my Ranger tag and so on back in DoD.

It's crazy to think how long I've know you, Tinman, AC, MKE, GI,... Good times. It's funny to think of people from WoW that were there from the beginning as the "new" guys having known some of them for 10+ years now.

It's sad to see the WoW guild go out like this, especially since there are still several of us that wanted it to continue, but hopefully the community itself stays strong and will still be there as long as we want it to be.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:14 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think we all need a new game.

http://www.thehandsondad.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:40 am 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

I'm sorry to see this happen. It was great to play with you guys. Hell, I have even been on a few RH vacations. Remember when we did Vegas?? and BlizzCon?? I don't play nearly as much as I did before, one reason is lack of time. The other is it really wasn't as fun as it was back in the heyday. I don't think i am gonna /Gquit yet in the hopes of something being salvaged with this mess. I still miss the good old days..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:40 pm 
Eagle
Eagle

Ashman wrote:
As some of you know, our community WoW guild recently imploded. AC and I, along with the other members of the Renegade Heroes owners group (Those of us that pay for this site, among other things) started the WoW arm of Renegade Heroes over 10 years ago. We built it into a top tier raiding guild over the course of several years while doing our damn well best to keep it a home for our long time members to enjoy.

Many of us have played several different games together all under the same tag as members of this community for 15+ years. We have made life long friends, through our community gaming, all over the world. Some of you grew from children to adults while part of this community. We took pride in what we had built in WoW, so even when life got in the way for AC and I and we were no longer able to play, we handed the guild over to people we could trust to carry on the RH gaming tradition. The stipulation was always that if/when the time came we would be able to come back and resume our role as leaders and founders of this community because it was important to us that RH continued on.

Orvie was given the role of caretaker of the guild, but when it came time to give back the reigns, she refused. The recent implosion of the guild was the result of a disagreement between Orvie and much of the rest of the guild. Not having been there, I don't plan to opine about who was right/wrong in this disagreement, but the GM's job is to solve issues, not make them worse and by all accounts that did not happen. When the mass exodus started happening several long time members reached out to AC and me to see if we could help solve the problem. Both of us made repeated attempts to contact Orvie and offer our help, but none of our communications were answered, although we know they were received.

At this point, after some discussion, AC decided that he would start playing again (his son has been showing interest in playing with the old man anyway), resume his role as GM and see if maybe the situation could be salvaged. However, as stated earlier, when he asked to be reinstated as GM he was rebuffed. One person has decided that their love of being in charge trumps the 15+ years of community that is RH.

The Renegade Heroes community no longer has an affiliated WoW guild. Obviously we cannot force the removal of our name from the lifeless hulk of a guild that is left, but we can let everyone know that what is left there is not us. When our kids want to start playing, or long time friends want to return, they will have to find somewhere else to play because our WoW home is no more.

Noted.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:30 pm 

I'm sorry, and disappointed, to see this Orvie. From just a year ago.

Orvie wrote:
The guild is thriving and doing well. We're going into Legion with a full raid team aiming to do Mythic level raiding. We have a great environment that's pretty laid back and drama free. As for who's still kicking from the old school crowd, there is me, Robin, Khrushchev, Thecount, Norgg, Raddoctor, Relkinfa, Mantinian that have all been online within the last month. (Sorry if I missed anyone else).

Welcome back :)

To this.

Orvie wrote:
Noted.

I can't imagine what benefit could outweigh what has now been lost. I am truly very sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:10 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well said Nooobieee.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:38 pm 

Orvie wrote:
Ashman wrote:

Noted.

Sorry all. While I won't pretend that I haven't gone through some ups and downs with RH, this is difficult to imagine. It does, however, seem to lend credibility to the members who have left.

A disappointing outcome for all involved. Some people, it seems, were just not meant to lead - even virtually.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:41 pm 

AnxietyClown wrote:
I think we all need a new game.

You guys are welcome to join Ecterris, Ismot, and me in destiny 2. There are raids in wartorn battlefields, in outerspace, with guns. It's like WoW meets DoD.

We even raid as RH, and you never gave to worry about us robbing the guild bank, because there is no such thing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've been hearing a lot of good things about destiny2. I'd really like to give it a try, but not sure I really have time for it these days.

You guys are on ps4, right? Maybe "the kids" will get it for Christmas. :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:48 pm 

Ashman wrote:
I've been hearing a lot of good things about destiny2. I'd really like to give it a try, but not sure I really have time for it these days.

We're on the xbox one - I started on destiny on the ps4, but knew more people playing on xbox one and switched.

One great thing worth mentioning is that the time commitment is nothing like wow. You can just jump into destiny 2 as well, no real need to play the first.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've heard the time commitment isn't horrible, so that's good, but I hate how you have to pick a system and either way you go, some group of your friends won't be able to play with you. It's awesome to hear that you guys are carrying on the RH name in Destiny 2, but even if I pick up the game I can't join you because I have a ps4. :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:08 am 

Destiny 2 is scheduled for PC release on October 24. I currently play on PS-4. Since the release of Destiny 2 on September 5, I have been getting by with less than 5 hours sleep a night and my wife is officially a Destiny widow.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Irminsul wrote:
Ashman wrote:

We're on the xbox one - I started on destiny on the ps4, but knew more people playing on xbox one and switched.

One great thing worth mentioning is that the time commitment is nothing like wow. You can just jump into destiny 2 as well, no real need to play the first.

We actually HAVE an Xbox One...might have to make this happen. You and I are both east coast now, Wes, I seem a gaming night in my future (though, I am total crap with the Xbox controller)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:10 pm 

AnxietyClown wrote:
Irminsul wrote:
Ashman wrote:

We actually HAVE an Xbox One...might have to make this happen. You and I are both east coast now, Wes, I seem a gaming night in my future (though, I am total crap with the Xbox controller)

Woot, yki! Let me know when - Ecterris and I are on almost daily, and we're close to the power level cap for each class.

We have 5 people ready for the raid, and need 6 total, so you'd round out the group! ^_^

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:39 pm 
Phoenix
Phoenix

i'm lost for words on what happened but i know the truth on everything that went down even how old guild members were treated and forced to quit.I miss the old times too had a blast with all of you i'm still in game like playing wow or csgo might even pick up destiny 2 soon after i get my new pc.

peace my friends i'm just a game away cheers :drunkrene: :dance:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:52 pm 

I'm sure you can all imagine my ongoing and will never end RAGE. If you were looking to make a life time enemy you have succeeded for I will carry my grudge to the f-ing grave.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:53 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I hear you, Micah, but there's no point.

We spent a decade building something. Not sure how GM got handed to Orvie but that was a mistake (Capt. Obvious here). But once that was done, apparently the guild didn't belong to RH anymore, it belonged to her. So here we are. It's beyond any of us to do anything about it. So let's remember what a great time we had, what good friendships we made. That's what matters in the end!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:13 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

AnxietyClown wrote:
So let's remember what a great time we had, what good friendships we made. That's what matters in the end!

Well said.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:14 am 

:yki:

:TC:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:28 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

hey now guys. sorry for the demise of your game. why don't you start a new clan with a similar name? I was a Rogan's Hero before so you know, I'm up for a change. Just a thought. a new clan for a new generation of players/ members?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:23 pm 

TinMan wrote:
I'm sure you can all imagine my ongoing and will never end RAGE. If you were looking to make a life time enemy you have succeeded for I will carry my grudge to the f-ing grave.

I've never even played WoW but in hearing this news I share your rage TinMan. People messing with my buds --> not f-ing cool. Nothing to be gained fighting with a troll though.

Zerocool wrote:
hey now guys. sorry for the demise of your game. why don't you start a new clan with a similar name? I was a Rogan's Hero before so you know, I'm up for a change. Just a thought. a new clan for a new generation of players/ members?

Not such a bad idea if you guys have the energy for it? A rebranding back to Rogan's Heroes could actually stick it in the ass of two people ;)

As for new games, I'm awaiting a little more development from Squad and currently play the free Project Reality I can't devote the time to MMORPG but I'd support you guys with whatever you do of course. Plus, free weed!

The Cannabis Gardener Grow Website
Get Stoned with Ron Black Room Productions

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:18 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

I'm 6 months late on this but just wanted to chime in to thank all those who I got to spend so many years with! All our lives are very different now but I'm glad to still have connections with a few of you!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sayfailo wrote:
I'm 6 months late on this but just wanted to chime in to thank all those who I got to spend so many years with! All our lives are very different now but I'm glad to still have connections with a few of you!

You know it!

I don't even mind you being a Patriots fan. :P

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 33 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next