It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO -Game
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:48 am 

http://jedimouseketeer.blogspot.com/201 ... egins.html

EA Unveils Special Editions of Star Wars: The Old Republic — Available for Pre-Order Starting Today

Early Game Access and Exclusive In-Game Content Announced for Highly Anticipated MMO with all Pre-Orders Beginning Today

Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Test Weekends to Start this September

I am in ! Who else besides Cobra ?

Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO -Game
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:26 pm 

Will probably buy this one and give it a shot...it isn't being run by Sony, and if Bioware can keep the writing quality high for the characters and missions...then they will have a winner. I am currently addicted to a few things Bioware (mainly the ME series), so it may be the MMO that finally keeps me paying for it...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:22 pm 

Mass Effect has action though. SWTOR is WoW gameplay, not action. That may affect how much you like it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:18 pm 

Yeah...that is what makes me hesitate...interested to see what Bioware can do in this realm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:19 am 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

Loved SWG 7-8 years ago, to bad sony destroyed it with constant server crashes and unnecessary updates that would keep the servers down for days at a time. Dont really have a gaming friendly schedule atm, but would be down for giving it a chance.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:34 pm 

Star Wars: The Old Republic early access detailed
Now that it at long last has a release date, developer BioWare have started talking specifics about The Old Republic's early access - which won't be happening at the same time for everyone.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/87697 ... z1ZNbLiRla

Long before we knew the game was coming out on December 22 (December 20 in the US) EA was promising that if you pre-ordered the game with them you'd be allowed to start playing it before anyone else. That's still true, but early access will only be granted on a first-come-first-served basis.

This all depend on when exactly you redeem your pre-order code and, by the sound of it, a degree of luck.

'While we understand all of you want to be in early game access on day one, part of the point of a head start program like this one is to allow us to gradually ramp up the population of our servers so that on launch day, the general play experience is as pleasant as possible,' explained senior online community manager Stephen Reid on the official forums.

'While we're going to be allowing a lot of people into early game access at regular intervals, we cannot allow everyone who pre-orders in at once.That would defeat the point of a gradual head start.

'The next obvious question is 'I pre-ordered on day X, when do I get access?' While we cannot answer that for everyone, I will say (as I did in July) that those who pre-ordered early will be getting early game access, well, earliest,' he continued.

'At this point we still have pre-orders available and therefore, anyone who pre-orders will still gain early game access, but as they're redeeming their code later, they'll get early game access later. As I've said before the difference between 'early' and 'later' should be a matter of days, not weeks.'

Non-coincidentally we found an email from BioWare's PR company in our inbox this morning, offering us access to a 'special game testing preview period for media' for the game - which is apparently due to start 'shortly'.

With The Old Republic's pricing structure being announced at the same time as the date, Cowen & Company analyst Doug Creutz has predicted that the game will sell 3 million copies in its first year and that it will probably have a stable 2 million subscribers by the end of 2012.

We've no idea what orifice he's pulled those figures out of, but that's the job of a games industry analyst for you…

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/87697 ... z1ZNbSkJUO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:54 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

C.O.B also got a pre-order.

Not sure that I care if the combat is good or not, I'm more interested in how well they are going to deliver the story without the usual WOW syndrome of after two or three quests the storyline vanishes. also curious about the party and NPC interactions, wonder how well they did on that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:48 pm 

Schedule permitting I may give this a try. My understanding is that the mmo part of the game is there if you want it, but that it also plays as a good single player game when you don't, which is pretty appealing.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:43 pm 

So far, story is being delivered with the usual Bioware style...missions have stayed interesting because of it, and it really does feel like a single player Bioware game. It just happens to have people who are usually willing to help you out on the +2 or +4 missions. So far, this game will be a buy from me...

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]