It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Dragon Age 2
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:31 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

Releases tuesday march 8th. X-Box offers a lengthy demo right now, a little over an hour wortha play time on it. I think PS3 offers ones too, not sure.

If u played the first one "Dragon Age Origins", itll be somewhat familiar to ya. If not and u like single player RPG party style free combat games checkout the demo.

Post subject: Re: Dragon Age 2
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:03 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm actually looking forward to this, I really like DA:O. have to finish Mass Effect 2 of course. Which means I need to be somewhere in the vicinity of my PS3 :cry:

I wonder if there will be differences between PS3 and Xbox...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:33 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

Okay, so bought it on tuesday when it came out. Put 20 hours into a rogue (hunter spec) since. Made it to level 17 and am in the 3rd act. Very fun so far. I started playing on the default difficulty, and it is very easy, have only wiped the entire party once and thats because i pissed off the wrong guy and he smoked me, lol. There are numerous extras available for it acheiched many ways, which is cool.

As far as differences in PS3 and Xbox, i would say there isnt many, the PC version however has a very similar look to warcraft or any other MMOG.

The only thing that console based games havent quite mastered over their PC counterparts is the use of abilities, DA2 for console offers only 6 quickly accesible ability tabs, which became very diffucult to manage past lvl 12ish. I would recommend upgrading the spells u currently have until u can respec and get the higher damage spells later.

Overall though, very happy with the game so far, i hope bioware eventually adds a multiplayer portion to the game.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:35 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

I bought it as well, got to agree that it is a very fun game, been doing a let's play on it so I'm not that far along in the story but even then I find it hard not to play non-stop, got a Mage to level 8 I believe.

The PC version helps a lot with the Mage as you can combine multiple AOE spells without a problem and still do some single shot spells (if you didn't completely drain your mana on the AOE)

The only thing that I found a tad annoying is that they did not give you a middle ground difficulty, you have easy, normal, hard, and expert I believe, but in reality it is, very easy, easy, deathly hard, and impossible lol.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:28 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

I switched the diffuculty over to nightmare on what i thought was an extremely easy quest last night. I was able to finish it but had to use trial and error after a few wipes. (it even turns friendly fire on on this one, very tough)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]