It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:41 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 16 posts ]
 Post subject: Fallout New Vegas
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:59 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

So I'm pumped for Fallout New Vegas, especially considering I just finished Fallout 3 haha!

Anyone going to preorder? And if so, from where? Carl, didn't you have some Amazon thing?

Links:

Amazon preorder page
Game Stop preorder page

One advantage I could see is that I can pick up from Game Stop, but doesn't Amazon have 0 day delivery, where they actually ship it before the release date?

Anyone else psyched for this?

Post subject: Re: Fallout New Vegas
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:57 pm 

MKE wrote:
So I'm pumped for Fallout New Vegas, especially considering I just finished Fallout 3 haha!

Anyone going to preorder? And if so, from where? Carl, didn't you have some Amazon thing?

Links:

Amazon preorder page
Game Stop preorder page

One advantage I could see is that I can pick up from Game Stop, but doesn't Amazon have 0 day delivery, where they actually ship it before the release date?

Anyone else psyched for this?

I still haven't finished FO3, but yep I'm excited for FNV. Excited enough that I'll probably be buying it next year around this time, which is saying a lot lol.

Amazon does have guaranteed release-date delivery for something like $5, which is slightly less than the tax you'd normally pay anyways so I feel it's worth it. However, not sure if they'll do that way out to the Pacific Ocean :?:

If you do preorder through my link let me know and I'll paypal you the commission (4-6%). Don't feel pressured though, makes no difference to me. Amazon also gives exclusive Raider bondage armor with preorders, and it's an eerie match to stuff I got hanging up in my own closet!

Here's a link to my FNV site: www.falloutnewvegas.weebly.com

The Cannabis Gardener Grow Website
Get Stoned with Ron Black Room Productions

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

So no one is going to get this?! Foe me fallout 3 was a sweet spot for gaming, some RPG aspects and some first person aspects. I liked saving a game and then just going ballistic to see what happened haha.

Anyone?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:44 am 

81 hours in Fallout 3, but I never finished and I won't get New Vegas. FO3 was a gift anyway.

New Vegas does look cool though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:31 pm 

I beat the original fallout 3(no addons) and currently replaying it again well, check that no doing the last mission and going around exploring and do the other side missions. I found that just doing the story line is kinda boring, the real fun is just exploring, meeting new people.

edit: Oh the companions freaking rock, I currently use Charon and put some Enclave Tesla Armor on him. He is like a tank now. I managed to get ahold of some TB51B Power armor, it's like walking around in God mode. :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:35 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just pre-ordered from Amazon through slim shady Carl's website. I'm fully expecting a pod of emails to tell me I've inherited millions. :twisted:

I'm out of town until Nov 1 so it will come in perfect time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow, I should have read the reviews first. Evidently it's fun, but buggy as hell. Wonderful!

For future reference, I did the Amazon preorder, and it may be because I am in Hawaii, or because I chose Super Saver shipping (or both?) but they aren't shipping the game to me until the 25th, one week *after* the release. And I won't physically have the game for another week after that. I don't care, but someone that wants one on release day might. Again, this may be just because I'm in Hawaii, and obviously the long ship time is due to super saver.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:11 pm 

Yeah I heard about the bugginess too, sucks that they can't put out a clean copy at the debut :( I think Amazon only guarantees release-date delivery if you preorder within a week or something like that. But it could be a HI thing too.

Yo MKE I can paypal your portion if you want? Or I can add it to an RH donation or something?

lol @ Slim Shady, I haven't heard that nickname since my Army days :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ah I got it, that makes sense I ordered it within a week. Also they shipped it early already.

Nah take those 10 quarters with you the next time you go to Vegas! If you hit it big then you can Paypal me :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:57 pm 

MKE wrote:
Ah I got it, that makes sense I ordered it within a week. Also they shipped it early already.

Nah take those 10 quarters with you the next time you go to Vegas! If you hit it big then you can Paypal me :)

Haha, hey money's money bro. I can get two chicken soft tacos and a water from Del Taco with that cash..err..change. :2fer:

You should see me, I'm like a pig in shite if I even make ten cents on an organic Amazon sale. I even call Mod in and announce the sale and 'earnings'!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

So I've been playing this off and on the last few days.

I gotta say, it just hasn't been capturing me. Some of it is the Fallout 3.1 feel, but a combination of Oblivion style NOTHINGNESS and some serious lag issues (like every 3 steps there is a one second hiccup) are dragging this thing down.

Carl. Money. Back. Now.

So my first release day game was a bust. That'll learn me. Anyone else playing this?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:35 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

There is actually quite a bit to this game, sadly its finals time and im already breaking my rules by checking out blackops.

The problem is that it has almost all the same issues as fallout3, including the same engine with very few improvements.

In 2008 we were willing to say "HOLY HELL THIS GAME IS RIDICULOUS, I DONT EVEN CARE THAT MY COMPANION CAN'T CLIMB OVER THE SMALLEST OBSTACLE" it was literally that good, and at the time the graphics were pretty State of the art, the models were crap, but the amazing environments and use of HDR were breathtaking.

People aren't as forgiving 3 years later. Still, despite it feeling more barren, new vegas actually has substantially more content then fo3, and the humor is much more pronounced, which truly is what keeps you going after hours running around the wasteland.

Like many said, if you played fallout 3 to enjoy it, its highly unlikely you never finished the main campaign, there is just an absurd amount to do. New Vegas is the same way, except one amazing thing I have noted is how generally important areas will be tied a whole set of groups/quests, so if I decide to blow up a facility or something there will be like multiple quests that I will fail by default. Its interesting because you are tempted to go to last playback, but you are also kind of tempted to just see what your decisions will lead to. This provides a very real sense of consequences rather than simply what reward you get for what speech option, the quests/characters/locations are intertwined to a degree I haven't seen before, and really made me think about my decisions rather than just quicksaving and trying all the options.

As consequences have really been a gimmick for many years, I think NV shows a great way to actualize it successfully.

Thats about it, I had to quit a few hours in, but man, fist weapons are absurdly overpowered, even on hardcore mode (rather especially on hardcore mode because you don't need to carry any ammo)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've actually put about 20 hours into so far. I'm a slow burn on games, and it took some time, but I'm really enjoying myself.

I do have three saves rotating, so when it crashes (and man, does it crash), I don't have to cry for too long.

There is an absurd amount to do, and I'm really moving slow on the main quest line. I actually finished the main quest line in Fallout3, but I played that game for almost four months haha.

So I take it it all back Carl, it's a fun game with warts, but I do actually like it a bit better than F3 I think, which is cool.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:31 pm 

MKE wrote:
I actually finished the main quest line in Fallout3, but I played that game for almost four months haha.

I've played FO3 for over a year now, still haven't finished the main quest but the Wasteland is pretty devoid of life now.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:14 pm 
Hawk
Hawk

Hey Fallout New Vegas want to travel the wastela-NEW VEGAS HAS STOPPED RESPONDING
damn it

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:38 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Honestly, I've got about 40 hours into it, and it only crashed on me about 4 times. Yes, that's four times more than any other game, but a lot less than most people are reporting. Also, three of those times were during a marathon session in one particular area (I think it was Novac?). So I'm still happy with it overall. While for it's time and place FO3 is the better game IMO, FONV has some improvements that I like, although it does feel easier for some reason (no, I'm not on Hardcore mode haha).

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 16 posts ]