It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:37 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: PS4 or XBOX One ??
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:41 am 

Looking for opinions now that they have been saturating the market ... which one ? Thinking of maybe getting one when SW Battlefront comes out this winter.

I have had a PS3 for 6 years or so, heavily abused and keeps on ticking. Been impressed with it. Don't like how delicate the CD-Rom games have been however (3 young kids destroy them quickly).

I like Battlefront, Lego games, sports games and driving games .. the more realistic the better. Probably will not pay for the network stuff.

Kids like Lego, Little Big Planet (PS only I think), Minecraft, Terraria ... daughter would like more of the games like Think you can dance, beach sports, etc...

Probably just used for gaming, but maybe 10% of the time for streaming too.

Will likely be mostly for the kids .. I will be on it rarely. Ages Girl: 11, Boys: 9 and 6

Post subject: Re: PS4 or XBOX One ??
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have a ps4 and so far I like it. However the kids mostly just keep playing with the ps3. I don't want to pay for the network stuff either and that puts the kibosh on those games. Minecraft is no different between the systems and you can't transfer your account so they want to keep playing the ps3 version. The fun part of LBP is playing all of the user created levels and finding people to play with. On the ps4 you can't do that unless you pay for the network stuff.

Like I said, I do like it and the graphics are better and at some point you won't be able to get any games for the ps3, but if you're doing it for the kids and those are the games they play most they probably won't want to change systems.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 am 

We are an MS family here...I went from the original PS to the Xbox > Xbox 360 > Xbone. The announcement about backwards compatibility is HUGE. Already a couple of games have already worked and transferred over from the 360 to the Xbone.

My advice is that you buy the console that has the exclusive games you want to play. One has Halo...the other does not so 'nuff said.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:47 am 

Appreciate the input fellas. It is mainly for the kids for gaming .. which means mainly for my boys, my daughter doesn't really play. My youngest is really into Little Big Planet and the new one is only PS4.

I like to think I would play a lot of Star Wars Battlefront, but I never play now , console or computer, so unlikely to change much unless I can play with the kids .. which they enjoy when we can.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:14 am 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

i have a ps4 and love it. haven't turned on the ms since.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]