Day 1

Re: Are you gonna get a kinect?

Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:34 pm

again cant vote = \

and no XD

nothing cant beat a good control pad

Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:58 pm

Nope. Most of this motion control stuff is just a fad to me. Minus Playstation Move, that will actually be compatible with good games. :P

Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:11 am

So far played a Boxing game and a Cart Racing game...both were cool to play, and very responsive in game. Menus were a bit odd...but doable. Boxing was VERY responsive...in that I was able to punch at my opponents open areas the punches not only landed, but landed with little noticeable lag. I was able to defeat 3 (yes, these were gaming geeks) guys in a row. Really doubt that any of the 3 had any training, as 1 did OK, but the others 2 were like button mashers, throwing punches everywhere and with no strategy whatsoever...and as such easy to defeat.

Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:20 am

So this is project Natal?

Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:38 am

BlankBB wrote:So this is project Natal?

Yes

Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:03 am

I'm hoping for some good game reviews and I'll get it. Perhaps something with head tracking or the like.

If only Microsoft would stop mandating that every Kinect game use only Kinect and no controllers. If they allowed the use of both, I think it could lead to a lot of interesting stuff!

The price is also a bit of a barrier, as $150 is a bit much for just the device. What I do look forward to, that I know is inevitable, is the homebrewed apps people will make on pc. Kinect is USB (with A/C power) so I'm sure some pc drivers will pop up quite soon after release.
Post a reply