Switch to full style
Stopgap until we iron out layout for consoles
Post a reply

Red Dead Redemption, Wild West game from makers of GTA

Tue May 04, 2010 9:47 pm

Wow, I just heard about this game today and was so excited that I went WAY out of character and preordered it: http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/

Created by the same guys who did GTA, this is supposed to be a GTA-type game set at the turn of the century and centered around the "Old West".

Aside from how cool the game looks, there seem to be a lot of perks being handed out for preordering. Amazon gave me a $20 gift card for my order, and I've heard Walmart also gives a $20 gc (which coincidentally is how much they'd have to pay me to set foot in that place).

They also have a multiplayer mode that sounds pretty cool, though it's through a console which is a little lacking for me.

Anyone else grabbing this? I'm looking forward to getting in my first drunken duel!

Re: Red Dead Redemption, Wild West game from makers of GTA

Wed May 05, 2010 6:49 pm

looks cool, and the multiplayer could be fun, but no pc version so unlikely i'd get it

Thu May 06, 2010 11:43 am

sucks its not for pc. i guess just more and more games are going on the consoles .

Thu May 06, 2010 12:15 pm

Hell yeah I pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption. Every piece of video I see from this game looks amazing.

As for a PC version? It's Rockstar, so It'll probably be out 3-6 months after the console version releases. :mrgreen:

Thu May 06, 2010 1:15 pm

I bought a second controller for my PS3. My pops and I are gonna play as the Weather's Posse in coop. Should be hilarious, I imagine he'll just run in circles while I rally around him.

Thu May 06, 2010 2:07 pm

Yare, Dane and I want to form our posse but it's not yet announced on pc... and while I have a 360, I would rather play it on pc since my video card is so much more powerful... so I'm torn since I really want to play it but no pc date has been announced. The pc port is eventual, but when that will be and if the first version will be choppy and unplayable remains to be seen.

Thu May 06, 2010 5:15 pm

gel wrote: The pc port is eventual, but when that will be and if the first version will be choppy and unplayable remains to be seen.

Kinda sounds like GTA4!!!

Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:32 pm

I know this is an old thread, but this is basically all I've been playing lately. I liked GTAIV, but I like this a lot more. I didn't know there was a co-op mode, I'll have to try that heh heh.

On another note, console is all I've really been doing lately. I did get Mass Effect for the PC but trying to sit down to play it was so damn uncomfortable. Plus the screen was so small haha. I miss the multiplayer aspect, and aiming with that right dialog stick is miserable, but I'm really enjoying the consoles more than I thought I would. It's funny, I almost bought an XBOX 360 just so I could play Mass Effect 2, which is crazy since I have this gaming PC just sitting there! I should just hook that computer up to the TV...

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:13 pm

Nice MKE, I haven't had time the past couple weeks to saddle up, but yeah it's a lot of fun. I'm still fairly fresh into the story, hope I can get some time this weekend to put some varmints down and progress.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:26 pm

MKE wrote: but I'm really enjoying the consoles more than I thought I would.

welcome to the dark side... i've been only playing consoles for awhile now too. hey i can highly recommend bf Bad Company 2 as an awesome game on the ps3 and come fall it looks like medal of honor is gonna rock too (been playing the closed beta for that l8ly too). I'll have to check out rdr soon.

maybe a console thread is in order???? :club:

Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:22 pm

MKE wrote:I know this is an old thread, but this is basically all I've been playing lately. I liked GTAIV, but I like this a lot more. I didn't know there was a co-op mode, I'll have to try that heh heh.

Me too MKE, the open world sanbox gameplay of GTA + the Wild West is amazing! I haven't finished it yet due to us moving and a recent trip the wife and I took but I'm itching to jump back in.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:15 am

rdr escapist!
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1776-Red-Dead-Redemption
Post a reply