Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 55 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:26 pm 

Joker wrote:
WalmartBob wrote:
I won't be around, gotta date tonight.

Yeah right, who with Rosie and her 5 sisters :lol: :poke: :P

No, I think Bob is looking for Latin love this week... Rosia and her five Hermanas :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:20 pm 

SuperNoob wrote:
Joker wrote:
WalmartBob wrote:
I won't be around, gotta date tonight.

Yeah right, who with Rosie and her 5 sisters :lol: :poke: :P

No, I think Bob is looking for Latin love this week... Rosia and her five Hermanas :twisted:

WRONG. It was with Ms Thumb and her 4 daughters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:55 am 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

Sorry practice dident happen i will try and schedule us one b4 our 6v6 match.I need to be made manager as well as scheduler and everything for cal 6v6 team

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:32 pm 

Just an outside observation here, but I think you are beating a near dead horse. The CAL team needs a DEDICATED commitment from people who will be available for practices,scrims, and matches. If we can't get that commitment then we should back out of the league before it starts. Curtis and Grimace, I know that you have done all that you could but this just doesn't seem like this is going to fly. Nor do I personally think that we should be using the RH name if we have to use outside players to fill the majority of the team. Just my humble opinionated thoughts here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:24 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

We Have plenty. the matches are tuesday nights and if u look at the team list here http://caleague.com/?page=teams&teamid=171507 we have enough players i need to get dizier added as well. so far me sgt.dark dizier as well as bobby are dedicated i jus need 2 more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:06 pm 

curtisblow wrote:
We Have plenty. the matches are tuesday nights and if u look at the team list here http://caleague.com/?page=teams&teamid=171507 we have enough players i need to get dizier added as well. so far me sgt.dark dizier as well as bobby are dedicated i jus need 2 more.

You made my point. There are only 4 dedicated. Doesn't matter how many have signed up in total. I'm not saying not to go forward, but at some point if it is not going to work, then we need to rethink the whole thing. But that is up to Grimace since he is the one paying for the server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:10 pm 

Tues work just fine...sorry I haven't been there lately, RL an all...but I will be there. I agree with C.O.B.. We do need a commitment from a minimum of 6 who will always show up. Extras will also be needed on a just-in-case basis. I recall we had a couple of good practices, but we have also had times where almost no one showed...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:12 pm 

I have no problem turning the reins over to Curtis. If I can, I will make the changes and add him as the manager of the team. I can give him rcon on the server. I have no problem funding the server for the next few months to at least complete this season. That would be on one condition, that the team be made up of current members of RH. I am sure that if you ask a few directly, you can get at least 6 players to commit. If I could make a suggestion, start a new post asking for players.

Myself, I would like to play, but it all hinges on the time. I am currently starting baseball season with my oldest son, so some of my evenings will be limited. My intention all along was to not put myself in a position to have to run this thing. What I would really like to do is merely become a facilatator and create a competetive outlet for some of our players. If this thing does not take off, I will be content to help out with the pub server.

Grim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:20 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

i jus dont want this to end up like dod cal team with 5 people dedicaded and b scrambling for a 6th at the last second. i will make a post asking for players as well as a practice time for monday night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:13 pm 

When are the games for 6v6 (day?) ? When do you plan on practicing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:20 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

Tuesday nights. They still havent put us in a divion yet. I wana do practice tomaro night at 9:00pm pst. cal config is up for download now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:22 pm 

I cant practice on Mondays or Thursdays. I have class both of those nights and rarely get out of them. (7 - 9:40 pm)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:22 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

tuesday nights are matches :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:28 am 
Hawk
Hawk

do i have to pay or something because if not i have 7:00 to 10:00 every day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:31 am 
Hawk
Hawk

what is a CAL?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:31 am 
Hawk
Hawk

and do i need to go some where?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:13 pm 

Hey Rage, we no longer have a CAL team. Maybe in the future we can try getting another team going.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:57 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

Are we ever gonna do a cal team again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:20 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

Dark, I have no authority, but from what I have heard, serious TF2 is a lot of drama. When there are only 6 or 8 people to a team, and you have so many talented people in a group like ours, it seems like it would marginalize a lot of people, which wouldn't be cool.

Also, losing can cause a lot of rage/drama/depression, as of now I am the only person that can cause those feelings. :wink:

There are a lot of other reasons I can think of why playing serious would be a bad idea, (new server, taking people away from the public server when we have problems filling it as is, the creation of two classes of individuals within the greater community).

Once again I am the new guy, have no authority on the subject, and have no idea what the rest of the tf2 community feels like...if you guys want to play seriously or simply run scrims for some more organized play, I would happily join you.

PS - If anyone did want to start a team, we would already be late for this season of cevo-free/a, although this might be a blessing in disguise...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:27 pm 

We have failed multiple times at this, I don't see why we would want to try it again.
Our problem has always been dedication and I dont see that changing any time soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:40 pm 
Eagle
Eagle

I've always thought that this community was about having a good time with others. Like Ethan said starting a team could disrupt this, and even though we scrim every once in a while, it's all for fun.

I say we keep it that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:58 pm 

1. We had dedication, but it wasn't complete as most of us have RL issues that makes it nearly impossible to have a set team of 6~8 who could show up all the time.

2. We ARE good, but not great...we cannot dedicate the obsessive level of time playing the same strategies on the maps over and over and over...look at the RL issues in 1. ...and because we are not great, we were TORN UP in some of those matches. Some of the teams we played did things that gave ME pause, and as I was a former game tester, and I AM quite good at these FPS style games, that DOES some a LOT. They had strategies that got me going "WOW" why didn't we think of that? We were slaughtered... Again, I think this came down to dedication...these teams practice in excess of 4+ hours a day to strategize and really get good at their chosen classes.

3. We didn't play to our strengths...we needed to pick our classes and stick with them...we DIDN'T do this. We had members who were switching classes in the middle of matches due to either boredom or perceived needs, and NOT playing their best classes. This DID NOT help us at all as we could not form a cohesive strategy and stick with it. This was causing us to 'adapt' to our own players, instead of adapting to the enemy team, which is a recipe of getting your @$$ kicked.

4. Related to 1. ... We couldn't even get people to show up for practice on a regular basis. No practice, no strategy talk, and no real way to change it. ...again, we were dedicated to the idea of a team, but not enough to show up for every practice and/or match. YOU HAVE TO HAVE FULL DEDICATION and considering we are all not single, college aged, with more free-time than they know what to do with individuals, we can't (again due to RL issues) give that type of dedication.

5. Seeing as how I can't see us, as a group, ever being able to solve the above issues any time soon, I don't think CAL will ever happen again.

However, I see as a Dream Team...with a few alts to be thrown in later...

Earl - Spy or Demo
eth3n - Soldier
Parkmad - Medic or Heavy
Jinxter - Pyro or Engineer
Dominator - Sniper or Soldier
Zooms - Scout
TEA$$ - Pyro
DaveKenroy - Medic or Spy

I would take these 8 against anyone/anywhere...but we would still need to practice, practice, practice...and with RL issues, that wouldn't happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:37 pm 

Agree with Jinx, Zooms and Ethan. I don't have enough time to scrim, and really don't have much interest in doing so. I see TF2 as a being fun and laid back kinda of game. If it was DOD, BF2, PR or something along those lines, maybe it'd be different as those games seem to be more serious in nature.

The Cannabis Gardener Grow Website
Get Stoned with Ron Black Room Productions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:54 pm 

Exactly what I meant Jinx.
We aren't going to spend the time to try and be the elite. Most of us have other RL things going on, it could be seen in the last time this was tried.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:14 am 

I honestly miss the competitive gaming scene I had with Cal....I had fun, but getting waxed on every match wasn't very fun since we didn't practice at all. That was our biggest downfall. When I did CAL for DOD, we started practicing on sunday for a saturday match. min 2 hours a day for the first 3 days. Then we would scrim other teams with our strats and see how they worked. And made the changes necessary. But then again I was also only in my teens and didn't have much to do other then play video games. RL issues are the main reason why we don't/can't/won't ever have a good dedicated CAL team. We have the talent, just not the time.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 55 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next