It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:02 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Community Fortress Highlander Tournament Signups
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:37 am 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

Community Fortress Highlander Tournament
Important Facts wrote:
1. It is open to any team that is interested in playing. There are no skill restrictions or skill/experience-based divisions.
2. It is a double elimination tournament with one round of matches per week starting the week of Sunday, April 10th.
3. Any player who cannot find a team can post/interact in the Mercs thread on the CommFT HL section of the forums in order to find a team.
4. There will be two conferences: the North American conference and the European conference. Teams must play in one or the other, depending on their geographical location, and there will be champions of each conference. Due to high cross-ocean pings, we will not have the two conference champions play each other.
5. Players may only play for one team.
6. Teams can sign up in this thread until Saturday, April 9th 2011. Be sure to read the OP and include all of the relevant information if you are signing up.
7. Teams will play on servers provided by Apoplexy Industries and INX Gaming.
8. The rules of the tournament have been posted in an official thread on the forums.
9. Brackets will be released as soon as sign-ups close in April.
10. Maps will be released prior to the end of registration. You can join in the discussion of the map rotation in the thread on the forums.
11. Graham and Free will be the head admins for this tournament. Contact us or post in the questions thread if you have any questions.
Map List wrote:
1. cp_coldfront
2. koth_viaduct
3. cp_gravel pit
4. pl_upward
5. cp_granary
6. koth_lakeside_final
7. cp_glacier
8. pl_badwater
9. cp_gorge
10. cp_badlands
Rules for this tournament

Whoever is interested in joining the team just place a message below and if we get a full team and at least one sub I'll register our team up. Right now there are no prizes for participating to my knowledge, if that is important to you, and we could be facing full invite teams. If you want me to find out any other information just let me know and I'll try to find it the best I can....or you can message Free from MFU since he is in charge of it.

Post subject: Re: Community Fortress Highlander Tournament Signups
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:55 pm 

As long as we can, as much as possible, arrange a day other than the 'default' Thursday, I would be up for this. Otherwise, consider me an alt. As before, I can scrim and help practice, but if we are just going to keep doing the default competition day, as with UGC's Mondays, then I will just be an alt.

Also, Al, I do have a question...I seem to remember that we managed to get a couple of matches scheduled on Sundays, or was that the other league...and can we get any of the other UGC teams to do Sundays when more people are available?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:31 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

Jinxter wrote:
Also, Al, I do have a question...I seem to remember that we managed to get a couple of matches scheduled on Sundays, or was that the other league...and can we get any of the other UGC teams to do Sundays when more people are available?
The reason I stopped trying to move the actual match to Sundays is due to a few of our main starters not being able to attend. If our starting team can make it on Sundays then sure I can look into it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:56 am 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

I am in :) Might I say I like Al Fire 101 as our leader for scrims and match's

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:19 pm 

OK, count me in.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:28 pm 

Quote:
Banned Items: Sandman, Natascha, Wrangler, The Ullapool Caber, and Vita-Saw. Full sets are also banned, even if their component parts are not.

A strangely specific, almost personal, list of banned items. No, not the vita-saw! Too OP!

I'm in, even though there are 3 5-cp push maps and koth_lakeside are on the map list.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:35 pm 

Sure, why not.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:27 pm 
Condor
Condor

gel wrote:
Quote:
Banned Items: Sandman, Natascha, Wrangler, The Ullapool Caber, and Vita-Saw. Full sets are also banned, even if their component parts are not.

A strangely specific, almost personal, list of banned items. No, not the vita-saw! Too OP!

I'm in, even though there are 3 5-cp push maps and koth_lakeside are on the map list.

I can't figure out why the Vita-Saw is on the list. I have never seen any instance where the vita-saw's positive attribute outweighed it's negative. and with only ~8% of the community equipping it, it appears that, that is the general consensus.

Such a weird sentence. it it that that . Yes I'm aware it could(should?) only be one that but I'm keeping it that way. Got that. That is the most that's I've used in a paragraph, that is. Read that last part of that sentence in a more British manner, imagining a Governor after the that. Hope y'all got that.

That

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:05 pm 
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Sounds like fun. Put me down.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:53 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

Well sign ups were due around an hour ago and us not having enough players interested in being on the team...we will not be participating in this highlander tournament. Sorry to those that were interested.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]