It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:44 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 59 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: teamfortress.com facelift/ Über Update
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:01 pm 

Park, you should be more afraid of that soldier who will do 3x fall damage to your head when he lands on you. Near instant goomba kills!

Pyro is underpowered and everyone knows it. No one should die to the puff & sting unless they were already low on health, or were deservedly ambushed by a pyro that has no abilty to cloak, disguise, and has one of the widest silhouettes in the game. Earl loves to go pyro on hightower and even he can't get me with that silly puff & sting unless it was the above 2 mentioned situations.

I do share your lament for the medic's options. He needs more escape moves, or survivability. Medics should rarely die, be tough to kill. Maybe medic needs a syringe jump. :P

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:58 pm 

Earl wrote:
Suddenly I regret scrapping all my weapons last week.

I did the same thing last Sunday night. Oh well who cares, I still have my Spamsman.

The Cannabis Gardener Grow Website
Get Stoned with Ron Black Room Productions

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:41 pm 

Thanks to slip for the first linkage

Meet the Medic (watch in HD!!!!)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:06 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

shouldn't they have seen this DOS coming? :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:17 pm 

Meet the Medic is HILARIOUS! "Archimedes?"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:20 pm 
Condor
Condor

4th and final day is up! It includes of course, "Meet the Medic" the "Clinical Trial" item set for the Medic and It includes the "Quick Fix" from the TF2 open beta and "The Overdose" which was teased in the "Double Drop" week announcement. The update is live as I type this, so get downloading!

Oh and Team Fortress 2 free to play for life!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:23 pm 

PSA for my RH bretheren:

All recipes are known in-game now. Whatever you want to craft will be like a color-by-numbers deal. Just put the right stuff into the slots and craft away! Lololol at the Solemn Vow recipe.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:56 pm 

gel wrote:
PSA for my RH bretheren:

All recipes are known in-game now. Whatever you want to craft will be like a color-by-numbers deal. Just put the right stuff into the slots and craft away! Lololol at the Solemn Vow recipe.

Awesome...just crafted a couple of heavy items...crafting more soon as the craft server goes back up.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:59 pm 

where is the crafting recipes ? Don't see it on TF2 wiki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:20 am 

You don't need the wiki for the recipes. Load up TF2, find what you want to craft on the list, and it'll tell you on the right. Better yet, when you click each slot, it'll find the items you need from your backpack, so you don't have to.

The item servers are having issues, so if you lose anything while crafting, fret not. Either you get the ingredients back as a drop, or you'll get the crafted item as a drop... eventually.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:01 am 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

gel u know anywhere that has listed the set bonuses yet (there have to be some ppl out there who have crafted the hats) ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:22 am 

There appear to be no new set bonuses from this update. There were some set bonuses in the past, but after the polycount update, they didn't even include hats as requirements for sets. Now none of the new sets have bonuses, or else you'd see the bonus listed in the Mannco store or in the Mannco catalog.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:34 am 

gel wrote:
Pyro is underpowered and everyone knows it.

Seriously?! Have you played against Mythik or FUBAR (yeah Al sucks, but he just sucks) or paid attention during all the scrims and matches? If someone is just running into a group of people and spraying fire, the class is under powered. The airblast made this class not only an uber killer but the combo of the airblast and axtinguisher as well as the flare gun have created a class that can take down a full health heavy, immobilize any other class until they die, and turn their own weapons against the two "overpowered" classes, solly and demo. That, on top of already being able to take out a level 3 sentry, cause the other team to run like babies to a health kit, and be the premier counter to the spy.

So no, I don't know it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:12 am 

I LOVE that 4th of July screamer firecracker sound the Detonator makes !

As for the 'jumping' however...I tried beta for a total of about an hour and could pull off a jump with it. Thus far in TF2, the best I can do is maybe jump over a scout. Unless I am totally inept with it (a possibility), it is a useless feature ATM.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:47 am 
Condor
Condor

Did the Über Update break our server? Or are you admins too lazy to update it? :P

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:00 pm 

Yep, we're trying to get it updated and working. Played pub last night and almost burned my eyeballs out on 24/7 Dustbowl.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:17 pm 

We've been trying to update since the update was released, but I think Valve's servers are screwing us. I even started a new update last night at 2am, and it still doesn't seem to work now after I just rebooted it.

Slip and I couldn't jump well with the new detonator either. I did it really well in beta, but I also didn't try it after they nerfed the explosion on the world. I think the self-triggered explosion jump is probably still possible, but I couldn't get the timing right. So at least Park can rest easy there, because as pyro, we could barely hop over another class, let alone fly through the sky like a demoman.

Well Park, I think you'll need to go learn up on why the class is underpowered. Your arguments are all very dependent on there being mass distractions or worse players than the pyro. Take out a level 3? HOW? The ONLY way a pyro, or any "regular speed" class can take out a level 3 is to circle strafe it. The fire from a flamethrower certainly doesn't do fast DPS. But any non-slow class can take out a sentry by circle strafing it at point blank if you're good enough, and the engy was dumb enough to place the sentry out in the open AND not be there. Not unique to the pyro. If you mean while ubered, then there are at least 5 classes that can do it faster, and take out multiple sentries in the same time pyro can.

I don't expect you to actually read the many arguments on the Steam forums that have been repeated to death why a some whiner comes along saying pyro is OP, but let's put it this way: Sneakman gets a ton of kills with the scout bat and heavy KGB and both of those situations is still considered very underpowered. A good player is a good player. Just because Mithyk kills you a lot with the puff & sting or flare doesn't mean the pyro isn't underpowered still; it means you aren't as good as Mithyk. I can't speak for FUBAR killing you, I mean, come on. It's FUBAR. :P He puffs and then swings wildly at the air while you shoot him in the face.

Pyro is supposed to be a master of close ranged combat, but he's not, and using puff & sting just brings him to an adequate level, and situational (like if you are ambushed, once again, your fault). Any other set up makes pyro underpowered. There's a reason why pyros are very rarely used in competition; there are classes stronger than pyro, and where he is strong is extremely situational.

I will say that flares critting burning players is pretty powerful now though, and I use that for some fun, but still situational and best to fire from afar when enemies are distracted.

Of course, we know that any class that kills you means either a) your teammates suck or b) that class is way too strong.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:39 pm 

I hereby challenge Gel to a duel and I'll be a pyro.

FYI I will spam flares, either from behind a heavy or in front of a medic. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:51 pm 
Condor
Condor

Here's something I stole from the Steam forums. If all the blueprints for the new weapons are too much to take in, then here is a list of everything you will need (aside from the required metals).

Amputator
Black Box
Bonk! x 2
Brass Beast
Bushwacka
Chargin' Targe
Conniver's Kunai
Crusader's Crossbow
Eyelander
Fists of Steel
Flaregun
Force A Nature
Frontier Justice x 2
Gloves of Running Urgently x 2
Gunboats x 3
Half Zatoichi x 2
Homewrecker
Jarate x 8
Kritzkrieg
L'etranger x 2
Mad Milk
Pain Train x 2
Sandman
Shortstop
Sydney Sleeper

Any other dupes you have, feel free to craft and/or trade away. :D

Last edited by Blood_Red87 on Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:12 pm 

Yep, really regretting scrapping all my spare items 2 weeks ago....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:44 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

reserve shooter has fixed my pyro problem :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:32 pm 

That's a good list, blood. I am super prepared for this update, even crafted a bust of Hippocrates with those 8 jarate I had. :D

I'll help out anyone who needs a weapon or two.

BTW, the quickfix is still awesome, even nerfed. Your 300% heal rate when ubered is strong enough to lead a level 3 sentry, and being IMMUNE to airblast and the sentry's pushback is so good, nests are screwed. RIP dustbowl stage 2.

So Ethan, do you bounce the pyro into the air and switch to the reserve shotgun? That's assuming he didn't deflect your first rocket? I find it hard to deflect the fast rockets anyway, so with the direct hit or liberty launcher, you should be okay.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:38 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

i am willing to trade metal for anyone's extra sandman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:43 pm 

I'lI do have one gripe with the quick fix though. The patient isn't given an obvious visual cue that they are being ubered. It requires a lot more communication, and no, I think those scripts that say "activating uber now" are stupid. The game should have better visuals for the quick fix. For the other 2 mediguns, it's obvious when you're ubered.

Anyone opening crates? If you unbox a Strange weapon, I'll trade for it! For people afraid that's something like an unusual hat, it's not. It's basically a weapon that counts your kills and levels up, in name only. Useful for e-peen waving. Example: http://i.imgur.com/lHY9c.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:43 pm 

gel wrote:
Well Park, I think you'll need to go learn up on why the class is underpowered. Your arguments are all very dependent on there being mass distractions or worse players than the pyro. Take out a level 3? HOW? The ONLY way a pyro, or any "regular speed" class can take out a level 3 is to circle strafe it. The fire from a flamethrower certainly doesn't do fast DPS. But any non-slow class can take out a sentry by circle strafing it at point blank if you're good enough, and the engy was dumb enough to place the sentry out in the open AND not be there. Not unique to the pyro. If you mean while ubered, then there are at least 5 classes that can do it faster, and take out multiple sentries in the same time pyro can.

I won't specifically address your direction to have me go "learn" since I have learned by playing or do you think the concepts of OP and non-OP aren't totally based on perception? Actually, I have taken out a level 3 as a non-ubered pyro with an engie banging away. I learned it from Jinx.

gel wrote:
Just because Mithyk kills you a lot with the puff & sting or flare doesn't mean the pyro isn't underpowered still; it means you aren't as good as Mithyk. I can't speak for FUBAR killing you, I mean, come on. It's FUBAR. :P He puffs and then swings wildly at the air while you shoot him in the face.

My argument is not refuted by telling me what my skill level is in contrast to other players. I could have listed many other players, just seemed pointless. I am well aware of my skill level in 1:1 situations. It's why I have played TF2 more than any other game because it is more team based. I could also mention that some very, very good individual players from the RH team were actually a detriment to our competitive team, but that's a different argument.

gel wrote:
Pyro is supposed to be a master of close ranged combat, but he's not, and using puff & sting just brings him to an adequate level, and situational (like if you are ambushed, once again, your fault). Any other set up makes pyro underpowered. There's a reason why pyros are very rarely used in competition; there are classes stronger than pyro, and where he is strong is extremely situational.

You are obviously talking about 6v6 competition. That's a different animal. When there are only 6 players, a few classes get left out. Doesn't mean they aren't OP in the game in which they were intended where there are 12 players per side and multiple people from the same class.

gel wrote:
Of course, we know that any class that kills you means either a) your teammates suck or b) that class is way too strong.

I never said anything of the sort.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 59 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next