It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:12 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
 Post subject: You guys are screwed, I bought a new mouse
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:10 pm 

My old mouse has been acting up so I splurged and bought a new one. You guys are screwed once I hook this $8 beast up:

Mrs Kensington:

The business end:

The spam delivery tool resting underneath my capable digits:

I'm guaranteed at least 1 million clicks from this bad boy. That's a lot of arrows gentlemen, a lot of arrows. You have been warned.

If you're feeling intimidated and want to buy one for your own for protection, well, I don't blame you. Here she is on Amazon, and yes I get commission on that link...I'd be a fool not to take a cut of this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002ZIN9DU/re ... RSWDXCY4Z&

The Cannabis Gardener Grow Website
Get Stoned with Ron Black Room Productions

Post subject: Re: You guys are screwed, I bought a new mouse
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:23 pm 

:shock: I for one do not in any way want to be screwed by your mouse....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:18 pm 

Haha, funny Carl.

In trying to figure out if gaming mice were worth the money, I did a lot of fast tracking tests, and the conclusion is: yes they are. Now, you don't need to buy a glowing Fatal1ty branded mouse, or bother with changeable weights, but having really good tracking is great for gaming. I wouldn't trust your $8 Kensington mouse for FPS use. The amount of slippage might seem unnoticeable unless compared to a good Logitech, Microsoft, or Razer mouse. Even the regular old Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer ain't bad at tracking, and it's easily found for around $30.

$30 too much for a mouse? That's fine, just know you're moving at city speeds and can never get to highway speeds without some very accurate tracking.

Last thought: the Intellimouse Explorer has a lifetime warranty (save your receipt if possible, but...). I used to have the Explorer 1.0, and after about 4 years or so, the cable got loose and I got random USB disconnects. I sent Microsoft a support request and they told me to fax them the bottom of the mouse. I guess since the mouse had a lifetime warranty, no other action was needed. In 2 days, I got a box with a brand new Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 (1.0 was discontinued a long time ago). I've trusted Microsoft's service since. I dunno about cheaper products with 3-5 year warranties though. But I guess lifetime really is lifetime to them. If you're wondering, I used the new mouse for a while, and I still have the Explorer mouse in a box somewhere, but I wanted even more gaming precision so I bought a Logitech MX518 when that went on sale years back. Still works amazingly.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:38 pm 

Use a Razer 3.5G Deathadder and have it at max res...took me a bit to learn to use it in Windows...but used to it now. Wife hates it...too fast. ;) Yes, I know I can adjust the sensitivity on the fly, but, if you know me, you know why I just leave it at one setting.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:56 pm 

The thing seems a little jumpier than my old Microsoft from a keyboard/mouse bundle, but I don't know if that's technically better or worse than my old one. I'd prefer an identical mouse experience as I'm afraid to change anything up for fear of losing my mojo. For the same reason, I've always just used the default settings for my sensitivity.

I haven't tried it out yet in-game, hopefully I can adapt quickly.

I am curious though, how do you adjust the mouse resolution? This isn't the same as sensitivity, right? I imagine higher res = lower sensitivity?

Regardless, I plan on headshotting each and every one of you on Thursday, god willing. Except Park, I'm pulling the scout Derringer out of it's ankle holster and spraying from a medium distance. :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:21 pm 

A lot of gamers swear by the Intellimouse Explorer. It has the sensor spec to back it up. I doubt you'll be able to adjust the resolution on your mouse Carl, as typically only high end mice support that. Higher res is better, as it determines the minimum movement the mouse can detect, i.e. making it more accurate.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:23 pm 

If your mouse has the ability to have its resolution adjusted, then it'll come with its own software to do so. There is no built in Windows resolution adjustment. In other words, Carl, you can't adjust your resolution because your mouse would explode if you tried. There is no resolution adjustment on $8.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:56 pm 

gel wrote:
If your mouse has the ability to have its resolution adjusted, then it'll come with its own software to do so. There is no built in Windows resolution adjustment. In other words, Carl, you can't adjust your resolution because your mouse would explode if you tried. There is no resolution adjustment on $8.

Lol Gel

I'll be damned if I need some fancy-pants high-techmology mouse to play my game!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:48 pm 
Condor
Condor

Back in the winter of '07-'08 I found a Logitech Mx-518 on the side of a dirt road in town while on a 8 mile run during practice. Carried the mouse back 3 miles to school and have been using it ever since. Never had any problem with it except that someone once pointed out that when it scrolls up it is louder then when it scrolls down, and now I can't help but notice the difference every time I scroll.

The Explorer is a fine mouse though, and for a month or so when I left my Mx518 at home after winter reccess I "borrowed" an old ball mouse from the computer lab which did surprisingly well. No match to my roadside Mx though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:23 pm 

Carl Weathers wrote:
I'm guaranteed at least 1 million clicks from this bad boy. That's a lot of arrows gentlemen, a lot of arrows. You have been warned.

If you're feeling intimidated and want to buy one for your own for protection, well, I don't blame you. Here she is on Amazon, and yes I get commission on that link...I'd be a fool not to take a cut of this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002ZIN9DU/re ... RSWDXCY4Z&

Damn Carl, and I thought I had the edge with my Logitech NX50, which apparently they don't sell anymore since I don't see a link on amazon. Good thing I bought 3, still have 1 NIB. As soon as I open it though I'm gonna join the big spender club with you Carl!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:43 pm 

When your last one breaks, cant you just switch back to numpad aiming?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:25 am 

Earl wrote:
When your last one breaks, cant you just switch back to numpad aiming?

He'd probably play just as well. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:38 pm 

I just joined the Carl Club and bought one! Lol. Who needs precision when one can rocket/pipe/arrow/ambush spam anyways?!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]