Switch to full style
For all your TF2 posting needs
Post a reply

Re: The UGC Highlander Tournament Scrim Thread

Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:44 am

I won't be able to make it to this scrim, but will definitely be there for Monday night's match.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:02 am

Ok we got a scrim against Malent's team on Thursday at 8pm pst and a scrim against axl-ffu on Friday at 7pm pst. I'm also looking into getting a scrim set up with a team in the top 15 potentially as soon as Wednesday (it would be no earlier than 7pm pst).

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:49 am

You guys let Al be in charge of something?

Wow, maybe I want to change my mind about seeking this place out...

Anywho, highlander sounds like a neat concept and if you guys are ever short for practice/etc, you should have Glorious Leader contact me.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:09 am

We have to have some idiot do all the paperwork. So we pretend to have Al "organize" stuff while we burn effigies of him in private.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:28 am

gel wrote:We have to have some idiot do all the paperwork. So we pretend to have Al "organize" stuff while we burn effigies of him in private.

Wow, that burn is so bad Al just had a nightmare about being on fire.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:48 pm

mukor wrote:
gel wrote:We have to have some idiot do all the paperwork. So we pretend to have Al "organize" stuff while we burn effigies of him in private.

Wow, that burn is so bad Al just had a nightmare about being on fire.

Don't let gel fool you...the burnings are public and Al's parents supply the effigy...

Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:09 pm

Not going to be able to make scrims or the match this week, a little busy trying to not fail grad school. Starting next Tuesday I'll be completely free again though.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:34 pm

Demos from this week:

http://184.106.173.40/demos/badwater/

Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:14 pm

Thanks for posting. In case people are wondering, we won this scrim, although barely. Not our optimal team, a few B-players, but Axl-Ffu was not on their game either it seemed. Good job, folks.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:37 pm

gel wrote:Thanks for posting. In case people are wondering, we won this scrim, although barely. Not our optimal team, a few B-players, but Axl-Ffu was not on their game either it seemed. Good job, folks.

Need a better medic? :)

Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:48 pm

Parkmad wrote:
gel wrote:Thanks for posting. In case people are wondering, we won this scrim, although barely. Not our optimal team, a few B-players, but Axl-Ffu was not on their game either it seemed. Good job, folks.

Need a better medic? :)

We already have the best medic, the one who is around for every scrim and match, and practices tactics and uses the mic constantly to coordinate pushes. This isn't the pub server where "Parkmad is the best medic." HAHAHA

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 pm

I think the class switch between me and Mithyk for the second half helped a great deal because he wasnt exactly on top of his game for scout that night. However, when he switched to sniper, he was the top of the scoreboard on our team. But overall, good game guys, well played. 8)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:17 pm

'ugc-tf2@ugcleague.com' <ugc-tf2@ugcleague.com> wrote:Al Fire 101 Renegade Heroes

Due to the latest update and crashing bug we are postponing week 15 till next week, April 25th. After that we will return to our regular schedule.

Enjoy the time off!
Kitalpha
UGC-Admin
And on the main ugcleague site

Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:04 pm

oh thank goodness!

Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:25 pm

BTW, there is a workaround for the mac validation bug:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1841299

Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:28 pm

Ok I'm setting up scrims for the week and am updating as they happen:
Wednesday (4/20): Small chance we will be able to scrim Malent's team...but it is possible
Thursday (4/21): DTT @ 7pm pst
Friday (4/22): Axl-ffu @ 7pm pst
Saturday (4/23):

Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:11 am

I can probably make it to Thursday. I will be free at about 7:30 Wednesdays and Fridays so I'll be late. I will message if I cannot make it for sure. :D

Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:50 am

I will be out tonight for the match. I should be able to make it to Friday night's match though.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:50 pm

I can fill in for the second half tonight and Monday. I'll try and be on as soon as I can

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:07 pm

Demo from tonight:

http://184.106.173.40/demos/badwater/au ... dwater.dem

Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:00 pm

I got us one final scrim this week and it is against Malent's team...it is a little earlier at 6:30pm. PLEASE BE ONLINE AT 6pm IF NOT EARLIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:12 pm

http://184.106.173.40/demos/badwater/au ... dwater.dem

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:34 pm

It is our final regular match of the season on pro_dustbowl and here is what ugc says about it:
UGC wrote:For those die hard Dustbowl lovers out there don't freak! It is the basically same Dustbowl you fell in love with in the youth of your TF2 days but with a two major changes. One being stage 2 first cap the inlet that is accessible by crouch jumping in the lower part of the left building is no longer accessible. It is there but you can't access the building through it (those bastards!). The other major change is the removal of the the third stage as it is one long choke point that could be left to defend and attack for 20+ minutes.
As for scrims this week they are as follows:
Friday: Axl-ffu 7pm
Saturday: DTT 7pm
Sunday: TMH 7pm (aka Malent)

Our match will be on the default time against Axl A+ Team

Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:45 am

cant make it friday or saturday, could make it sunday and monday

Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:32 pm

Same. Unlikely I can make Fri or Sat, but i can make Sun and Mon.
Post a reply