Switch to full style
Forum for any topic sports related.
Post a reply

NFL Team Owner

Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:46 pm

I am one! Just purchased one share of the Green Bay Packers earlier today which makes me a part owner of a NFL team.

If you want to become a part NFL owner you can go here and join me and a few other select people that can truly claim to be a part owner of the NFL or at least a NFL team!

Re: NFL Team Owner

Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:10 pm

You cannot sell, assign or otherwise transfer shares of Common Stock to a third party, except that you may transfer shares to an “immediate family” member by gift or in the event of death. “Immediate family” is defined as the spouse, children, mother, father, brothers, sisters, or any lineal descendent of a shareholder.

This seems strange.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:28 pm

Al Fire 101 wrote:I am one! Just purchased one share of the Green Bay Packers earlier today which makes me a part owner of a NFL team.
Congrats, Al! :thumbsup: I'm on the fence about getting one. I'd like to be an owner, but I'm not a fan of the limitations they placed on it.

nooobieee wrote:This seems strange.
Yeah, it's a very limited stock setup. Essentially, you're buying a cool wall plaque, with limited voting rights for the team. Still, something cool to pass on to your kids.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:07 pm

I would love to get a share or two .. just can't afford that $250 price tag atm .. especially with it being Christmas month :(

Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:33 pm

Pvt. FUBAR wrote:I would love to get a share or two .. just can't afford that $250 price tag atm .. especially with it being Christmas month :(

Just ask the wife or kids to give it as a Christmas present. Also Fubar if you don't get it for Christmas you will still have some time:
http://packersowner.com/faq wrote:Q How long will the Offering be open?

A The Corporation intends to offer Common Stock until February 29, 2012 (subject to extension), or until the Offering is fully subscribed, whichever is earlier.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:36 pm

That will be fully subscribed much earlier.
Post a reply