It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:46 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Formula 1
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:39 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

For the first time in years I have started following Formula 1 again and I am really glad I have come back when I did. This year has seen some crazy races and spectacular finishes. While last week's race was a let down, the 3rd time ever where all the cars finished the race, the action should heat up again at Silverstone on July 10th. There have been three major reasons why this year has been so intense KERS, DNS and the tires. KERS, Kinetic Energy Recovery System, and DNS, Drag Reduction System, go together as main factors of why the races are so exciting. The former is a battery that gives the driver an extra 80bhp for around 6.7 seconds if fully charged. This could be used in short spurts or all at one time. DNS is a new movable rear wing that can opened on pre-determined points on the track for overtaking, click on the DNS link above to see a video of it in action. Finally, this year Formula 1 has a new tire manufacturer that was instructed by the F1 governing body to create a tire that breaks down quicker than ever before. This has lead teams trying to figure out the exact timing of when their tires are going to wear down and drop their lap times by full seconds instead of hundredths or tenths.

So go watch the next race on July 10th on Fox. Also I hope Vettel crashes, burns, and can never race again.

Post subject: Re: Formula 1
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:55 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

Well is the Grand Prix of Germany at the Nürburgring or as the official name says: Formula 1 Grosser Preis Santander Von Deutschland 2011 begins with practice 1 at 4am EST, 3am CST, 2am MST, and 1am PST right here! While practice 2 starts at 8:00am EST .... 5am PST on SpeedTV in the USA (not sure about Canada). While P3 is tomorrow at 4am est .... 1am pst again which you can find right here! Qualifying is at 8:00am EST .... 5am PST on the 23rd (so tomorrow) again on SpeedTV. With the race being on Fox at noon est (9am pst) on Sunday (which will only be 4 hours after the official start of the race). WHY CAN'T YOU SHOW THE BLOODY RACE LIVE YOU STUPID BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP OF A BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP AND YOUR MOTHER'S BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP. If you message me on Steam I can probably help find a stream where you watch live (and in proper English). Hopefully it will be as exciting as most of the races this year have been!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:31 am 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

Well the new season of Formula 1 began last week with a multitude of crashes, great racing and for my favorite driver being *BLEEPED* by the safety car that was deployed. Coming up at 4am EST / 3am CST / 2am MST / 1am PST tonight is the Malyasian Grand Prix which hopefully be as exciting!

A quick recap video of the Australian GP is below:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:09 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

Unfortunately it appears that I am the only one interested in Formula 1 on this here community. But if anyone gets the chance read up the race in Bahrain, it is not pretty over there. Here is a sarcasic open letter from Jalopnik that describes why it ain't good. And if members of our political forum take a look it would make a good discusion. Should the USA being doing something about this Arab Spring uprising?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:52 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

i like f1- weird that i never saw this thread b4.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:41 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

What an epic race for the Grand Prix of Canada. Just when I thought Hamilton was going to throw the race away by doing that final pitstop he blasted like a mad man through the field to win it. Also, lulz to the failure that is Ferrari at that race.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:37 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

Should have posted this the day after the race....instead of a few weeks late, but I am pretty sure the world's fastest 4-tire change pit stop occured at the F1 Grand Prix of Germany a few weeks ago.

Here is the video of the pitstop itself:

And a little bit more footage leading up to it:
http://jalopnik.com/5928201/this-is-the-worlds-fastest-pit-stop-four-tires-in-23-seconds

A 2.31 second pit stop...I still cannot believe how quick it is. I am sure that the front right tire is off the wheel before the car stops moving. It is just insane. Absolutely insane.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:55 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

Well after the absolutely insane Abu Dhabi race a week and a half ago...

...it is time. This weekend Formula 1 returns to the great United States of America, in the United States Grand Prix. They will be racing on the Circuit of the Americas, a brand new 330 million dollar race track specifically designed to host Formula 1 races near Austin, Tx. The track is a 5.516km 20 turn circuit designed to push the most extreme cars to the edge. If you are interested in buying tickets to the race and want to know how much it costs you cannot afford it. It is that expensive.

In the USA you can watch it on Speed which will be covering live each practice, qualifying and of course the race itself on their second last F1 race broadcast. This race could see the driver's champion crowned...the horrid worthless cheating @$$&%^ German Sabastian Vettel (note I do not like Vettel) if he wins the race and Fernando Alonso gets anything but second.

The race schedule is as follows:
Practice 1 Friday: 10am EST / 9am CST / 8am MST / 7am PST

Practice 2 Friday: 2pm EST / 1pm CST / noon MST / 11am PST

Practice 3 Saturday: 10am EST / 9am CST / 8am MST / 7am PST

Qualifying Saturday: 1pm EST / noon CST / 11am MST / 10am PST

Race Sunday: 2pm EST / 1pm CST / noon MST / 11am PST

If you want to catch up on understanding what makes Formula 1...Formula 1 you can visit this handy guide: http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/understanding_the_sport/. The race should take about an hour and a half to two hours.

Friday can not come soon enough!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:41 am 

Cool links. Superfast tire change. On richard Hammond's Crash Course last night he was on an F-1 pit crew and they were happy with anything under 7s .. even RH got it one time in practice to 5.2 .. but nothing approaching that. They must not have needed fuel, or very little fuel.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:44 am 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

Pvt. FUBAR wrote:
They must not have needed fuel, or very little fuel.

F1 cars now do not refuel anymore for safety reasons. Too many pit lane fires occurred from pumping fuel into the cars.

Jalopnik.com has been doing a few great articles on watching F1 this weekend:

How to watch F1 if you know nothing about it

Why Formula 1 cars are so BLEEPING fast

F1 is how billionaires spend their extra wealth

And for a funny picture, F1 has only been back in the United States for a few hours and Romain Grosjean has already done this: Image
Its not even the same sport!!!

So please watch as much coverage of the F1 race in Austin, TX as you can!!!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]