Switch to full style
The place for announcements, artwork and general posting!
Post a reply

some Thailand photos

Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:07 pm

Lunch down the street from my wife's house in Bangkok:

Yesterday lunch with friends:

Big creepy Monitor Lizard in the park:

Muay Thai last night courtesy of the Big Boss (Mod's friend is chief of security)

Re: some Thailand photos

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:21 am

looks like a great trip man! Thanks for sharing.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:13 pm

Looks like you are having a LOT of fun...and packing on some pounds...;)

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:12 pm

A lot more photos on Mod's Facebook. She has internet access so she gets things posted a lot more, I have to hotspot through her or find free wifi so can't get things uploaded as much.

Okay I'm lying, I just don't bother taking photos that much ;)

Yep we're having fun and relaxing Ash. We're actually here to take care of my father-in-law, so just hanging out in Bangkok at Mod's house. Looks like we're buying a condo now though lol.

Hey Jinx everyone here keeps insisting that I eat more lol. I'm certainly eating a lot more, and better, than I do at home. No disgusting fast food here.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:13 am

Carl...

Where is the calendar so I can reserve my 2 weeks in your condo ?

Come on man ...

Have a great time !

Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:03 pm

Carl Weathers wrote:Yep we're having fun and relaxing Ash. We're actually here to take care of my father-in-law, so just hanging out in Bangkok at Mod's house. Looks like we're buying a condo now though lol.

hmmm, I saw a movie recently about Bangkok... you still have all your fingers?

Just a little bump, right? :lol:

oh, and Confusius say, "man who goes through turnstyle sideways is going to Bangkok!". :rolllaugh:

Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:00 pm

Ha well yeah the condo will be available in two years after it's built. It's in a real prime location across from a university, and the monorail is being extended out to it so it will be very convenient for traveling around Bangkok. It's a very small 1bd, but bigger than our hotel room in Tokyo! Damage is ~$85k but given the location we figure we can rent it quite easily and only be out of pocket a couple hundred a month.

Hey Ash what movie is that? I know there was a new one coming out set in bkk that looked real cool.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:37 am

Carl Weathers wrote:Hey Ash what movie is that? I know there was a new one coming out set in bkk that looked real cool.

I was actually referencing The Hangover II, so not exactly "new". Not sure what movie you were thinking of.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:17 am

Ahh, now I remember and the one guy was picked up by a ladyboy lol. That movie actually qualifies as new for me, I don't keep up much with movies.

I looked up that movie I was thinking of, "Only God Forgives". Saw the trailer on YouTube and it looked cool, but honetly I'll watch anything set in Thailand.

Went to the fights again last night and saw a guy get knocked out cold by an elbow, then pulled out of the ring lifeless on a stretcher.pretty crazy

Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:35 am

Some more photos

Boxer on stretcher

A couple photos from the street below the condo we bought

Boat noodles today

Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:02 pm

haha I love the little fruit koozies in the second to last pic.
Post a reply