It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:07 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Run for you Lives 2012
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:14 pm 

OK...both Parkmad and I were supposed to run in this event, but he HAD to move :roll: so HE says :roll: , I had to run it by myself, EMEFFER!!! :2fer: :wink: . JK! :mrgreen:

Anyhow...this was held in Onalaska, WA at a Motocross Dirt race course. A LOT of hills, up and down, and they started us running in the woods, that people took motocross bikes through the paths. There were a LOT of divets, and deep tracks made by motorcycle tires. You could NOT run full out, or risk seeing what I saw more than a few do...eat it, twist ankles, knees, etc..

That said, the obstacles were designed to get you muddy and there were some walls to go over and under, and some logs to navigate on the actual motocross course. I managed to have 3 flags before losing 1 at the 2 mile mark, then the 2nd went at the 2.5 mark on an uphill and the last...well...I ate it hard coming down hill. I was running down, attempted a lateral move on a Zombie, and leaped a small mud patch, too tired and left foot hit the mud and I fought the fall, left knee buckled, right knee hit dirt and I started a roll. Finished at the feet of 2 Zombies and knew as soon as I got up my last flag would be gone...and it was. Finished the race, got my medal, and now I sit here with my Left knee a bit swollen, right knee has a larger scrape than I had yesterday, right 2nd toenail is bruised as hell and I managed to get dirt jammed under my right thumb nail by ~ 1/8" deep. Had to dig it out with a knife...a little tender right now. Also, due to rolling, my back is a bit...sore.

Here are pics...

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]