Switch to full style
The place for announcements, artwork and general posting!
Post a reply

The Top Gear Thread

Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:45 pm

Well I figured since it is the most popular show in the world now, I'd start a thread to share our favourite clips.
I'll start it off with killing a Toyota- it really is worth watching.

part 1:

part 2:

part 3:

Re: The Top Gear Thread

Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:48 pm

ariel atom- ooh i want one

Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:48 pm

well i grow up, i want to be just like them!!!! For whatever reason i like capt slow the best. He's hilarious!

Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:16 pm

they have the best gig EVER!

Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:48 pm

They really do..... what I wouldn't do to be as successful as them.... sigh...

Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:29 am

a new MUST watch!
brian johnson from ACDC- sweet! my fav show and one of my fav singers

Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:12 am

thanks zero, cool interview.

Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:29 pm

Wait...Other people in the Unitied States watch/love Top Gear other than me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, since you have already stole my two favorite clips (Truck and Atom) to post, I guess I'll have to post my third favorite clip. THE RELIANT ROBIN!

Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:50 pm

I just watched the last part of the last episode of season 13 of the show and I wish I had not. I'm not going to go into any specifics because it really is something you should wait and see on BBC America when the episode premires in the states. It did make me think about how supercars are going to have to change significantly because of bills that will probably pass (if not already) about limiting emissions. Here is a little information about it: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/12/AR2009061202072.html and it is something I hate. If/when put into effect, if it is dependent on a per car basis and not a company-wide basis, would end the sale of many current super/hyper cars. And coming back to Top Gear would put an end to the current way the show is produced, possibly ending the worlds most popular show. So I was wondering what others think about putting laws into effect about limited emitions

Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:48 am

The Ferrari FXX. I wonder if slow is in its vocabulary:

Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:58 am

it's pretty sweet but kinda dumb... a million pounds and ferrari keeps it for you.

Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:56 pm

The way 'owning' the FXX works is that Ferrari brings you the FXX to a track and you drive the car. After driving you report to them what you liked and hated. They then bring it back to their headquarters and they makes changes to make the car faster and faster. When they finally get to a level Ferrari wants to accomplish they are going to put the Ferrari F70 badge on the car and sell it for a crap load of money.

Back to great Top Gear clips since no one posted the classic Boat challenges I thought it was necessary:
The first boat challenge:

And the second which they take it to the max!:

Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:23 am

i watched series 13... it was awesome but i didn't care for the end of ep 7. so many great moments...

Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:04 am

Top Gear available for all to enjoy via Hulu.com ... BTW.

Great show !!
Last edited by Pvt. FUBAR on Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:24 am

Pvt. FUBAR wrote:Top Gear available for all to enjoy vis Hulu.com ... BTW.

Great show !!

check that... for americans to enjoy- it doesn't work here in canada

Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:34 am

no HULU in Canada ?

Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:40 am

that's right... or the rest of the world... something to do with paying the shows for distribution...they say it's coming but i think it;ll be awhile.

Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:54 am

try this link to watch top gear online ..

http://www.topgearepisodesonline.com/to ... episode-7/

Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:57 am

just watching this right now... http://www.TopGearEpisodesOnline.com/category/topgear-specials/
thanx for the link.

Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:21 am

No wonder everyone thinks we are the greatest country in the world just watch the Top Gear team travel to America to find out:

part 1:

and part 2:

Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:04 am

Jeremy Clarkson on German engineering with the Porsche Carrera GT:

Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:58 am

My favorite car, other than the viper of course. The Bugatti Veyron.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:17 pm

Loved this Vietnam special, on motorbokes ... well, mopeds really ..

http://www.topgearepisodesonline.com/to ... l-episode/

Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:30 pm

OMG i was in england for 3 years and i fell in love with Top gear. Im so glad BBCamerica plays it.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:58 pm

I want a Bugatti Veyron :)

As for this rubbish below ... :roll: :roll: :twisted:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 261287.stm

Manure dumped at Clarkson's home
Climate Rush campaigners holding a banner by the horse manure
The protesters said they were "blasé" about dumping the manure

Climate change protesters have dumped a pile of horse manure at the home of Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson in a protest about vehicle emissions.

Six women stood by the dung in the drive of his home in Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, with a sign that read: "This is what you're landing us in."

The protesters from direct action group Climate Rush said they were being as "blasé as him" about emissions.

Clarkson made no comment and Thames Valley Police said no-one was arrested.

Horse-drawn cart

Police were called to the presenter's home at about 1145 BST after reports that a group of women dressed as suffragettes, three camera crews and a few members of the press were in the grounds of his house.

A wheel barrow load of manure from a horse-drawn cart was dumped in Clarkson's driveway.

Protester Deborah Grayson said: "Just as he's ever so blasé about his CO2 and how much he's contributing to climate change emissions, we're a little bit blasé about our horse manure."

Sgt Mark Smith, from Thames Valley Police, said the women, camera crews and press had left the property by the time the officers arrived.

He said no complaints had been lodged against the protesters.

It is not known if Clarkson was home at the time of the protest.
Post a reply