Switch to full style
hardware, software, tech support, its all here
Post a reply

Old computer parts - dump or sell or recycle?

Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:16 pm

Cleaning out portion of a closet and made a box of ~25 pounds of old motherboards (4), ~50 cards of all types mostly useless stuff like old modem cards, network cards, sound cards, HDD controller cards, com port cards, kaput video cards, and a small box of ~50 memory modules, and some CPUs/fans. All items either suspect or very obsolete. My first inclination was just throw it all in the dumpster. Shipping anywhere is not going to be cheap so -not- looking for a rehoming here.
There's gold in some of them there parts I hear! But I probably don't want to go thru all the trouble... :roll:
Boxes of old cabling, keyboards, chassis parts, CD/floppy drives all going dumpster, keeping most discs and HDDs even crashed ones, but the stuff with chips I'm wavering on...
What do others do?

Re: Old computer parts - dump or sell or recycle?

Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:46 pm

I used to take my old stuff, pretty much cleared out my junk already, to a store in Seattle called PC Recycle. They would take nearly everything as they had deals with recyclers. Maybe there is something like that near where you live?
Post a reply