It is currently Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:04 am


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
Author Message
 Post subject: Google Home
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:33 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:57 am
Posts: 9666
Location: same as it ever was
Just picked up Google Home (sale ends today).

Loving it so far.

"Hey Google, Play Wil Wheaton's tabletop on the tv"

Google: Sure, playing Wil Wheaton's tabletop on tv.

This thing is amazing. I've never experienced better voice recognition.

_________________
He's taking the knife out of the cheese!
Do you think he wants some cheese?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Google Home
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:38 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:57 am
Posts: 9666
Location: same as it ever was
Looking into this now, very cool stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SUAuy9OJg4

_________________
He's taking the knife out of the cheese!
Do you think he wants some cheese?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Google Home
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:21 pm 
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:58 pm
Posts: 1924
Location: Oregon
After a bit of research, I settled on the Amazon Echo. I already have so much invested into Amazon, it just made sense, and as of right now, it's definitely the fuller featured of the two.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Google Home
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:08 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:52 pm
Posts: 1929
Location: Capital City, Cali
just make sure you don't ask alexa to buy stuff accidentally!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Google Home
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:37 am 
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:58 pm
Posts: 1924
Location: Oregon
I was just thinking about this last week. I think I need to turn that feature off. Luckily she doesn't understand my 4 year old when he speaks, but we're probably in for some trouble in the not so distant future.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Google Home
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:55 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:32 pm
Posts: 11537
Location: Utah
z315 wrote:
just make sure you don't ask alexa to buy stuff accidentally!


lol, yeah, I just read a news story about that. Apparently a little girl decided she wanted a doll house so she said "Alexa, order me a doll house" and sure enough a few days later a doll house shows up. The funny part is that this gets picked up by the local news. During the news story, the anchor says "and the little girl says 'Alexa, order me a doll house' ".

queue 100's of doll houses showing up at all the houses that watched the news and had amazon echo.
:rolllaugh:

_________________
If you have it in your power to do something great and important and wonderful then you should. - Dr. Robert Zubrin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Google Home
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:23 am 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:57 am
Posts: 9666
Location: same as it ever was
Ashman wrote:
queue 100's of doll houses showing up at all the houses that watched the news and had amazon echo.
:rolllaugh:


Exactly! My google home has "woken up" to google home commercials.

_________________
He's taking the knife out of the cheese!
Do you think he wants some cheese?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Google Home
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:37 am 
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:58 pm
Posts: 1924
Location: Oregon
Ashman wrote:
z315 wrote:
just make sure you don't ask alexa to buy stuff accidentally!


lol, yeah, I just read a news story about that. Apparently a little girl decided she wanted a doll house so she said "Alexa, order me a doll house" and sure enough a few days later a doll house shows up. The funny part is that this gets picked up by the local news. During the news story, the anchor says "and the little girl says 'Alexa, order me a doll house' ".

queue 100's of doll houses showing up at all the houses that watched the news and had amazon echo.
:rolllaugh:


I wish this had been picked up by all the national and international news outlets - could have made for an avalanche of doll house sales worldwide!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
twilightBB Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net