It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Wii U again
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:33 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

OKay I seem to post this once a quarter but here goes.

Thinking of a Wii for the kids --- so a Wii U is the thing, I guess as I can't find the old school Wii. Want some racing games, dance game, and resort sports type thing.

What's the deal with controllers these days. Are the nunchucks still used?

http://www.thehandsondad.com

Post subject: Re: Wii U again
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:22 pm 

You can still find the original Wii console around...here are 2 links I found on Amazon...1st a Wii with 2 games and a Wii by itself. They are being sold by other companies through Amazon. The 3rd link is a Wii U with 2 games as well. However, if you want a resort style sports game, that will have to be separate with the Wii U. I didn't find a bundle that had that. There is a dancing game available for the Wii U as well as other types of games.

Black Wii console with 2 games

Wii Console

Wii U Mario Kart 8 & Nintendoland 32GB Deluxe bundle

Now, quick note...I don't think Nintendo plans to stay in the console business for long. They are lagging behind very badly and don't really have a good plan catch up. They do have some very good exclusives, however they are just the same types of games that they have always made. Unfortunately, some of their audience has grown up and are now playing COD, Battlefield, GTA, Halo, Destiny, Dragon Age, Assassin's Creed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:49 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tori's mom has a wii U and they really like it. A nice bonus is that the original wii controllers work with the wii U and you can play the original games on it as well.

Jinxter is right, the wii U lags behind the other consoles in technology by quite a bit, but if you are looking for a system that will let the whole family play together this is the system for you. xbox and playstation seem to have largely abandoned family style games and in home co-op type games while nintendo has embraced them. There are a whole host of fun family games that all 4 of you could play together and have fun doing it. If you buy it I can give you some recommended titles.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:51 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

what about this Wii Mini? If i'm just looking to place "dance" and "sports" and a little Mario kart

http://www.thehandsondad.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

AnxietyClown wrote:
what about this Wii Mini? If i'm just looking to place "dance" and "sports" and a little Mario kart

from what I can see the Wii mini is just a smaller version of the original Wii. Personally I think it would be worth the money to buy the Wii U. It's the newest version, plays all the old games and new games are still being made for it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:17 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

The Wii mini (aka the red and black one) is missing a lot of features from the regular Wii. For example, Gamecube and Gamecube controller support has been removed (so that would remove the "best" control method for Super Smash Bros. Brawl). Additionally, internet was removed so if you wanted to play Mario Kart Wii online...you could not (let alone any other online game). I believe they also removed SD card support so if you ran out of storage room you would potentially have to erase other game save files. All in all, the Wii mini is something to be avoided at all costs.

I would agree with Ashman and spring for the Wii U. I was able to buy one off a friend for a very good price and it has been the console I have played the most on. All of the Mario games for the system are really good so far (I've been addicted to the new Mario Kart - buy the DLC).

As for controller support...get ready!
  • Nintendo GameCube controller (with Nintendo GameCube adapter for Wii U and only works with Super Smash Brothers for Wii U)
  • Wii Remote Plus
  • Wii Remote with Wii Motion Plus adapter
  • Wii Remote with Wii Motion Plus built in
  • Nunchuck controllers
  • Wii U Pro Controller
  • Wii Classic Pro Controller (I am pretty sure)
  • Wii Classic Controller (I am pretty sure)
  • Wii Fit U Fit Meter (For Wii Fit U)
  • Wii Balance Board (For Wii Fit U)
  • Wii Wheel (though it is just a piece of plastic)
  • Nintendo 3DS (as a controller with Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)
  • Wii Zapper (though it is just a piece of plastic)
  • Wii U Microphone (I have no idea what this is used for!)
  • Probably a good chunk of Wii 3rd party controllers
  • Wii U Tablet like controller (Comes with the system)
  • Probably some other stuff

You may want to check out this site for Wii U information.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]