It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:42 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 19 posts ]
 Post subject: Hearthstone
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:04 pm 
Condor
Condor

Anyone else playing Hearthstone? How are you enjoying it?

It's now in Open Beta if you had wanted to before but couldn't get a key.

Post subject: Re: Hearthstone
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

sweet. I've been waiting for this one for awhile. I'll DL it now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:23 pm 
Phoenix
Phoenix

Can I play it on my kindle? Lol I might add well just boot the laptop up as soon as I get home every night.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm pretty sure it's for pc only but after playing for a bit I don't see why it wouldn't work on a mobile device too.

pretty fun so far. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:34 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

installing now

http://www.thehandsondad.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:32 pm 
Condor
Condor

Feel free to add me

eggs#1166

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

coolio. I'm ashman #1609

So far I've only played one match against another person (and lost) but I've managed to unlock the hunter, pally, warlock and druid sets.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:43 pm 
Condor
Condor

I found, when I started out, the guides here especially the beginners and starting stone guides really helped me because I didn't come from a card game background.

Hearthstone has actually made me a little interested in the Warcraft lore.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:35 pm 

Been playing it for a couple of days and it CAN be fun...but it IS a card game and your game can SUCK if the RIGHT cards to NOT come out at the RIGHT times. When that happens it is VERY FRUSTRATING. Also, I have already noticed, by playing ranked games, HOW MANY PEOPLE IN MY RANK CLASSES HAVE SPENT BOATLOADS OF MONEY FOR LEGENDARY CARDS...IT SUCKS to play against people who have cards that keep me at a numerical disadvantage the ENTIRE MATCH. I refuse to pay to play this game, so it will probably take me a LONG time to get a usable deck in most matches. In matches where my opponent does NOT have these cards, the matches are close...but those a few and far between. I will play it for a bit, but unless I can unlock some decent usable cards, I will probably quit.

Though you guys can add me as well... jinxter69#1556

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:41 am 
Condor
Condor

That's ranked in a nutshell, and sadly the alternative to ranked is arena, but every arena run you'll generally tun into someone who got the godly draft. I keep coming back to it though. I've been playing for a month or two now and I've just about enough dust collected to craft my first legendary, so I'm a little excited about that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:42 pm 

I'm gel#1722

The legendary cards are cool but they're not pay2win game changing. The game is pretty balanced. Expert cards in general do tend to be stronger than the common cards you get from just playing practice though, but it's situationally stronger. No card is a direct numbers upgrade (without the mana cost to justify it at least).

Also, Blizzard has already announced an iPad version really soon, and iOS and Android versions in mid-2014. They should all use your battle.net account, so all your cards should be intact.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

gel wrote:
Also, Blizzard has already announced an iPad version really soon, and iOS and Android versions in mid-2014. They should all use your battle.net account, so all your cards should be intact.

That's good to hear, and not surprising.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

sweeeet!
I just opened my first card pack (quest reward) and one of my cards was this one:

Golden Deathwing ftw!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:55 pm 
Condor
Condor

Nice One :clap:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:24 pm 

You son of a biscuit!

I opened 17 packs and got ZERO legendary cards. Boooo-urns!

At least legendary cards aren't OP, they're just usually game changers that rely quite a bit on the game's current momentum.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

gel wrote:
You son of a biscuit!

I opened 17 packs and got ZERO legendary cards. Boooo-urns!

At least legendary cards aren't OP, they're just usually game changers that rely quite a bit on the game's current momentum.

yeah, with it costing 10 it's basically useless unless you get to the 10th turn. I just barely lost a match 1 to 0 on turn 9. grrrrr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:09 pm 

Sounds like you want to build a Control deck with that card. :think:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:36 pm 

I finally unpacked the box that had my authenticator in it and have been playing this quite a bit the past few days. My shaman is level 12, and I'm about to start working on the druid a bit, as I like their armor/combat mechanic.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:12 pm 

Been playing quite a bit, yet another instance where my video-game masochism allows me to keep playing even if I suck. My Mage is LVL 25, currently moving up the ranks again, stuck at 20 again in Ranked Play. I have decided that strategy is just about worthless other than giving you a SLIGHTLY better chance against other players. I have noticed that the game is ALMOST ALWAYS dependent upon your draw. Having a card advantage is HUGE against nearly everyone. You SHOULD maintain a minion advantage, but it is NOT as important as it is to have that card advantage in the late game. I have started to figure out which cards work for me and which don't...you can look up card pack builds online, but in all honesty, the people posting 80% or better W/L with THEIR pack are a bunch of FILTHY LIARS. I have built untold numbers of so-called packs and overall, each and EVERY one I have tried only gets me about 60%. The decks aren't bad, but NOT 80% win packs.

As for Arena, I have been busy writing up more than a few bugs in the system. One would assume that the Cards you have to choose from would be from cards that MIGHT give your class an advantage, or at least cards that might be helpful for your class. Out of only 3 tries where I could pick Mage (my BEST class), only once was I allowed to choose some spells. 2x as a Mage in Arena I went through looking at 90 cards and didn't see any Fireball, Pyroblast, Flamestrike, or Frost Bolt spells. I sent screen shots of my damn near useless decks for those 2 run throughs in Arena. A Mage without ANY of these spells in their deck WON'T win very many matches.

You can go here: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/ or here: https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone for information on decks

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 19 posts ]