It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 82 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anyone playing Clash of Clans?
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:15 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I gotta say, the new clan wars have really revitalized this game for me. I was having trouble really getting excited about building up my village without a purpose to do so. But, now that having a strong village helps the clan I'm having much more fun with it. :thumbsup:

Now I just need to LTP better. :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:28 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi guys wondering about upgrade options. I have

Level 2 dragons
Level 5 archers
Level 3 giants
Level 2 wizards
Level 1 hog riders

lighting spell level 2
healing spell level 2
rage spell level 1

(I am not good at using spells just yet, mostly just use lightening to beat down air defenses before dropping dragons in)

level 2 dark elixir extractor (would REALLY like a barbarian king but never seem to be able to get past about 3300 dark elixir)

level 3 spell factory
level 2 dark barracks

Obviously I will use gold to continue to upgrade defenses but what should I be focused on FARMING and how should i use the ELIXIR i farm?

thanks
AC

http://www.thehandsondad.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:23 am 
Hawk
Hawk

AC - i would recommend lvl 5 archers. the more damage you can do attacking, the more loot you can get.

Check out the video/attack strategy - dont work about your trophies so much. I normally take out the gold mines/ elixir collectors and try to get 50%. this way it costs only about 25-30k elixir to train, and turn around time is fast. You can attack at least 3x an hr, 4 if you get lucky. Say about 100k of each resource per attack - adds up quick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYYhStb77HU

Ive been using this on both of my accounts and ive been luck to always have my 5 builders working all times and lab always upgrading
'
As for not getting enough dark Elixir, i always have damage spells on me and i just hit opponents elixir storages that have 800+ elixir in there. I might lose the match and trophies, but get 250-350 Elixir

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:52 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I already HAVE level 5 archers (the list above is what I have, not what's next) so I'm wondering where to go from there.

AC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:53 am 
Hawk
Hawk

Ahh, my bad. I would say healing then. Healing spells are good for clan wars.

The dmg spell for farming - gettng that dark elixir.

And if you try that Barch attack start for farming, get the barbarians up

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I just used my crystals to get a barb king. I've got 4 builders so I don't think I have anything else worth spending them on anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

hmmm I only have 76 gems what am I spending them on or why don't i have more?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

AnxietyClown wrote:
hmmm I only have 76 gems what am I spending them on or why don't i have more?

Hmmm, I don't know. I get them constantly from trees, rocks, etc... and I never spend them on anything.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:03 pm 

I do pretty good damage to gold and elixir with level 4 goblins. My go to raiding team is 5 bombers, about 150 goblins and the rest archers. Or I'll bring 10+ lev 4 giants with a healer, and once I've punched through to the elix and gold i let those goblins loose.

Hey AC, those rage spells are really powerful together with the heal spell. I don't use the rage as much for damage as for speed for balloons or dragons. If you drop one and spawn into it or near it, you can take perimeter air d out really quick without losing much. For air d on a perimeter, one rage can do the work of 2-3 lightning. Add a heal to it and your dragon will be refreshed from whatever damage he took. I don't like using heal much on ballons though.

The Cannabis Gardener Grow Website
Get Stoned with Ron Black Room Productions

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:17 pm 
Phoenix
Phoenix

Hey y'all - just posting before I drop out of the clan. I've lost interest in the game - first because I hit a wall in the game and at the same time, spent some time at my sister and Mega's house - where I was forcibly pulled back in to WoW. Since I won't be playing CoC much if at all, I didn't want to hold up a slot for someone who can help with the wars.

Ta and good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

right on Tien, thanks for the heads up. Enjoy your return to wow. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:00 pm 

Tien wrote:
Hey y'all - just posting before I drop out of the clan. I've lost interest in the game - first because I hit a wall in the game and at the same time, spent some time at my sister and Mega's house - where I was forcibly pulled back in to WoW. Since I won't be playing CoC much if at all, I didn't want to hold up a slot for someone who can help with the wars.

Ta and good luck!

No problem Tien!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:24 pm 
Hawk
Hawk

Below are links for TH7 and 8 war base layouts. Please take a look at them and update if needed before our next war. Notice that the clan castle and heros is in the center, making it tough to lure the troops out. The war clan castle is the strongest defensive structure. We have some clan bases that are right near the outside and its really easy to lure the troops out. this is a total waste of troops/elixir/creation time.

TH7 War Base
http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/280195-TH7-war-base

TH8
http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/282861-TH8-War-Base-Spread-Formation-Anti-Hog-Anti-Dragon
http://clashofclansbuilder.com/plan/227276

Also, go on youtube and look at TH8 attack strategies. we all need to optimize our attacks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks man. I took a look at those and I can see where I need to make some serious improvements to my base.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:52 pm 

Hey Now!

Just before I left to camp on Mt. Hood, Carl asked about what research I was doing up there, which I didn't have time to go into (plus CoC doesn't allow for many characters in its chat).

The two previous summers to this one, I've been working as a research assistant to Dr. Nancy Broshot, who heads up the Environmental Studies department at Linfield College. Over the past 20 years, Dr. Broshot has been performing a long term longitudinal study Forest Park, a 5,000 acre stretch of forest snuggled up against Northwest Portland and which is the largest natural urban forest in the United States.

The focus of Dr. Broshot's research has been the long term effects of Urbanization on the various plant and avian communities found in the park, and without boring you all with too much detail, her research has found sharply increased tree mortality in the past two decades, some of it likely due naturally to successional processes, some of it not. That wouldn't be so bad by itself, but sapling and seedling recruitment at each research site is virtually non-existent. Long story short, the trees are dying, and the baby trees that should be taking their place are not doing so. To try and discern the cause(s), she started another study in 2003, in which she planted Western Red Cedar saplings at 9 randomly selected sites in Forest Park (27 saplings per site), remeasuring them annually. The results of that study have shown widely varied tree mortality in the saplings, ranging from 10-70% mortality depending on the site, the highest mortality levels being found near areas of heavy traffic, which suggests that nitrogen deposition due to air pollution may be the culprit.

To assist Dr. Broshot study what is going on with the lack of tree recruitment in the park, over the spring semester of 2014, I designed a research project, and submitted my proposal to Linfield's JCDE scholar program, a yearly competition at Linfield, which I won. To that end, this summer I have been performing soil sampling at each of the 26 long term research sites, the 9 sapling recruitment study sites, as well as establishing 3 control sites of my own away from Portland, which mirror her long term research sites exactly (minus the air pollution). Once all the soil samples have been collected and processed, I will be analyzing them at Portland State University which has a bunch of cool equipment Linfield can only dream of owning, like a mass spectrometer/elemental analyzer, to determine what levels of nitrogen and carbon are present in the soil at the various study sites in Forest Park, compared to my study sites up near Mt. Hood.

This winter, I will be presenting a poster based on the research at an Urban Ecology conference on the PSU campus, as well as another presentation in the spring on Linfield's campus, and depending on what the results of the elemental analysis show, I may end up writing and submitting a co-authored paper with Dr. Broshot to a scientific journal, based off our findings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the wall of text - I really tried to keep that as short as possible, but I think you can see why I wanted to wait to talk about it after I got back, rather than in CoC! ^_^

Also, if anyone is interested, here is a link to the abstract for the journal article Dr. Broshot wrote about her findings in Forest Park - I'm sure I have the whole article around somewhere, but I'm having trouble finding it.

http://link.springer.com/article/10.100 ... 007-0023-x

Irm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:37 pm 

Sounds pretty interesting. I drive through that park everyday to and from work on Germantown Rd.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:04 am 

Yeah, I'm on Germantown almost every day too - we have a baby tree site up at Camp Tolinda, and a couple long term research sites on Leif Erickson. We probably passed right by each other :P

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:22 pm 

Doesn't just sound like a worthwhile study Irm, it also sounds like a good time spent among the trees :) interested to see what you guys determine is killing off the babies (I imagine a mix of things but maybe with one primary driver). I've been knee deep in my backyard cannabis garden this year and have learned a lot of basic stuff about soil, nutrients, toxicity and all that good stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:01 pm 

Awesome Carl - I've been doing the same thing in my backyard garden, but it's cabbage, lettuce, chard, watermelon, basil, rosemary, corn, and a ton of tomatoes (9 different varieties). I've been putting the soil chemistry knowledge to good use!

The time among the trees has been super nice, we even took an extra day while we were out in the middle of nowhere to do some casual river rafting (just a $50 inflatable one on mild rapids). It's nice to get away from the hustle and bustle now and then, even if there's work involved. ^_^

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:42 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Who is Jelb and why does he hate us so much that he upgraded to TH9 with gold walls and lvl 2 air defense?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:18 am 

Wow didn't know you guys played this game! I'll try to search around for you guys and maybe pop in for a bit to say hello. I'm a Co leader in a COC clan "Clan Masters2", my COC name is Bobby, I know I'm so creative I used my own name lol. :) If you guys need any help or tips let me know I play the game way to much(lvl 102) :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:54 pm 
Hawk
Hawk

AnxietyClown wrote:
Who is Jelb and why does he hate us so much that he upgraded to TH9 with gold walls and lvl 2 air defense?

anyone?

was thinking the same thing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:35 pm 

AnxietyClown wrote:

I thought he was our Gel when he first joined then when I realized he wasn't I figured he was just one of the WoW guys. So nobody knows him then?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

lol, I guess not. Just a random dude I guess.

I guess since we're asking the questions, who is everyone?

Shrekusaf = ?

jelb03 = Ecterris friend (birdie)

Josh = Anstian work buddy (its not me already! :lol: )

Fubar = Fubar

Adam35 = Anstian (wow guy)

Devill = Crashclown

4lv4r4d0 = Thunderclown

Ecterris = Mike (wow guy)

srg-awesome1 = Wes' son

jd = Anxietyclown

Clubdiamond = Clubdiamond (wow guy)

Carl Weathers = Carl weathers

Ashman = Ashman

Irminsul = Wes (wow guy)

Maz = Anstian work buddy

disturbing = ?

MiMa15 = ?

will = TC's son

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:17 pm 

Srg-Awesome1 is my son, Adam.

-I think Jelb is Mike's (ecterris) friend Birdie.
-Shrekusaf to the best of my knowledge is either one of Mike's friends, or family, not sure on his name though.
-For some reason, I think Disturbing might be an acquaintance of Mike's as well, but I'm less certain on that one.
-I have no idea who Will is. ^_^

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 82 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next