It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:31 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Neverwinter MMO
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:31 pm 

I've been messing around on this for the past week and it's quite a bit of fun. It is still in open beta, but it's guaranteed access, free to play, no purchases required to progress through the game, and when it goes live they are not wiping characters (the cash shop is up and running, and I think they are using player purchases to help fund development as they push to release).

Anyways, with no need to buy the game, or pay a monthly fee, or make in game purchases, I would recommend checking this out, as a change of pace if nothing else.

Here's a picture of my Cleric in the 27-30 zone (Level 27 in the picture).

Post subject: Re: Neverwinter MMO
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:18 pm 

After I posted this last night I realized that I had left out my favorite thing about the game - The Foundry.

The Foundry is a campaign/dungeon/quest creator that players can use to create their own adventures, scripting their own events, writing their own dialogue and populating it with npc's of their own. Afterwards they post them up and players in-game can jump into and play in your adventures - there are even daily quests which offer rewards for you to play on these player created maps.

I've played a few and some of them are fantastic. One of them involved me helping a Kobold become a dungeon master. After clearing out the dungeon for him, I repopulated it with pig minions and gave him a 'Rad Succubus' as a side kick/cannon fodder.

An MMO with infinite player generated content is a pretty awesome idea.

Post subject: Re: Neverwinter MMO
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:00 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

City of Heroes had a player content creation system. Some story arcs were brilliant, others were built as pure XP generators. The character creation was CoH's party piece, though.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]