Switch to full style
discussion of all other computer gaming
Post a reply

Defiance...who are you and what do you look like.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:51 pm

I went ahead and read up on this game, consumed as much data as I could and pulled the trigger and purchased this game. All I have done is created 2 characters and the tutorial...about to start testing this game.

Tom is starting with the Distract Ability as it leads to self-heals, etc
Lynnarya is starting with Cloaking and then the backstab ability

This way I can try them out and see what powers I like best.

Re: Defiance...who are you and what do you look like.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:27 pm

Sorry for the late response, I've been super busy the last couple days ^_^

I'm Irminsul in game, and my character is the one on the right in the screenshot.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:26 pm

interviewed one of the stars of the TV show Defiance today - when i expressed that I was a gamer and therefore really into the idea of a TV show and game launching together, the PR rep told me she'd have my copy of Defiance sent right over. if it happens, I'll see you in game soon :)

Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:03 pm

How cool is that! When is the episode scheduled to air?

I just finished the 'story' component of the game yesterday. I rushed through it a bit just in case any of it was relevant to the show.

Also, for any of you that may be playing, make sure to do the story mission involving Nolan and Irisa, as it will go away once the show launches on Tuesday. The mission plays as a sort of small prequel to them arriving in the town of Defiance, and has a pretty decent end reward to boot.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:29 pm

Thanks for the heads up on that mission Irminsul...I have been spending nearly all of my time doing nothing but Arkfalls and special missions like the Bug hunt...really haven't been concentrating on the story. Tonight, I guess I will as well as the weekend.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:38 pm

Yki! I've been telling everyone that I know who plays it, as these sorts of tie-ins are what I think will make or break the experience, depending of course on how well the game/show handles them.

game/show... heh.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:45 am

Just finished the episode missions...got a couple of purple weapons out of the deal, + the story was pretty cool. I will definitely be watching the show come Monday evening.
Here is an updated image of my characters...My main, the one of the left, is now done with the episode missions, going to run the others through tomorrow.
Post a reply