It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:16 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Defiance Pre-order
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:04 pm 

Steam has hands down the best pre-order for this game if anyone is planning on picking it up. All 3 tiers have been unlocked, which means if you preorder it through steam you get:

*copy/pasted from steam*

Base offer

3 day xp boost
Outlander outfit
In game title: Iron Demon
Steam Exclusive Weapon “Phoenix” sniper rifle
Red Dodge Challenger

Reward 1

Everything Above, Plus:
Steam Exclusive Title “Steam Powered”
+5 inventory slots
A-Tex Growler: Durable and reliable transportation in a no-nonsense package. The Petrahol super charged engine will give you a boost power when it’s most needed. This dark green camo patterned quad with heavy duty suspension is just what an Arkhunter needs to conquer the rough and hazardous terraformed terrain.

Reward 2

Everything Above, Plus:

Free Copy of Rift: Storm Legion

Reward 3

Lock box
+5 additional inventory slots
7 day XP boost
Discount off the Season Pass
RM Nomad M4: The RM Nomad M4 model is not yet available on the open market, so this is your chance to acquire an exclusive, blue digi-camo version months in advance! With a powerful combination of high durability and speed, this heavy duty 4X4 will protect you both on and off road. Powered by a non-threaded, multi-combustion fuse tank, the Nomad gets you and your valuable ark tech where you need to be.

--------------------------------------------------
You can find the offer and more info here - http://store.steampowered.com/app/224600/

Post subject: Re: Defiance Pre-order
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:59 pm 

I HAVE been looking at this game...loving the futuristic feel...how does it play?

Post subject: Re: Defiance Pre-order
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:11 am 

To me it feels a bit like mass effect, but less focus on special abilities. The game does have an ability grid with a few special abilities, like a predator like cloak ability, one that makes you run fast and melee hard, and a couple more, but the focus is squarely on the shooting. An early calculator for the system can be found here - http://defiance-central.com/ego-calculator/

During my time with it in the betas they made huge leaps in terms of how it feels to play, and the launch version (in my opinion) feels nicely tuned. Shooting with most weapons feels satisfying, most closely resembling something like borderlands, especially if you turn on the on screen indicators for damage. The vehicles feel pretty good to drive, especially with a controller, and hitting nitrous and jumping off hills is a blast.

The zone wide events are a lot of fun to jump into and have pretty great rewards. Also, the fact that they scale means that you'll never 'need' a group to get them done, but it is definitely more fun with big groups, as it gets chaotic.

There is no mob tagging like most games of this type - just start shooting stuff that other people are and you'll get loot, exp, and quest credit.

All in all, I thought it was a lot of fun, and I'm excited for tomorrow.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]