Switch to full style
discussion of all other computer gaming
Post a reply

Re: Video Game Discounts

Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:07 pm

The mass effect trilogy bundle is $19.99 over on Green man gaming right now. There is no way to telling if this will go on sale during the steam sale, and if it will be cheaper if it does, but 20 bucks is a pretty good price for 3 fantastic games.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:02 pm

Super busy with work and not able to keep up with steam sales posts atm. Big ones today are max payne 3 and dishonored - other discounts of note are portal 2 for $5, shogun 2 for 7.50, fallout new vegas for 2.50

Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:30 pm

Far Cry 3 for PC (digital download) is available on Amazon right now for $7.49

If you're going to get it, use AC's link and a little of that will go towards a good cause.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15240

Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:02 pm

The Steam winter sale is underway. Highlights so far include:

Bioshock Infinite for $10
Arkham Origins for $25
Dishonored for $7.50
CS:GO for $3.74

Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:55 pm

Steam winter sale day 2:

Far Cry 3 $7.49
Fez $2.49

All sales from yesterday are still active as well.

Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:12 pm

How's Far Cry? I bought Mass Effect and couldn't get over how much damn talking there was. It was like being in a cop drama where I occasionally get to shoot someone.

Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:31 am

AnxietyClown wrote:How's Far Cry? I bought Mass Effect and couldn't get over how much damn talking there was. It was like being in a cop drama where I occasionally get to shoot someone.

I'm only 5 hours in give or take, but so far it's good, if a bit over the top. Not great if you're concerned about strong language or blood, as it has quite a bit of both. Much less about the talking than the doing though - although I hear the story is good.

IMO I would spend a little more and get bioshock infinite if you haven't played it yet. One of my favorite games of the year.

Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:30 am

I played through bioshock infinite and am playing farcry3 right now, both on ps3.

Both are "typical" first person shooters. I'm not finished with farcry yet but so far I'd say that bioshock has a more interesting story and new mechanics but I'm enjoying farcry better right now. bioshock has a cool art style but it's very linear. Hear story arc segment, move to next area, kill lots of bad guys, hear next story arc segment, repeat. Don't get me wrong, it's good at that, but that is what it is.

farcry is an open world and you can pretty much go wherever you want. There are story missions for when you are ready to advance the story but there are plenty of side missions that involve uncovering the map and clearing out camps of pirates. It's not very "innovative" but I enjoy using a variety of guns and driving different vehicles around exploring the islands. A lot of times I don't have a lot of time to play so jumping on and just clearing out 1 pirate camp is all I have time for, but it's a nice bite-sized chunk to play so it works. You get bonus points for being stealthy too and I like that. :)

Overall though, I'd say both are good and for the cheap prices they are selling for both are worth getting.

Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:59 pm

I bought both....cause you guys made me.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:57 pm

You might want to check out Humble Bundle.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:02 pm

Big thanks to Irm for the heads up on FarCry3. Best $7.99 I've spent on a game - tens of hours of enjoyment, lots of fun playing just through the story mode. Appreciate the heads up. Now on to my $10 Bioshock Infinite.

Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:25 pm

I picked up the Bioshock pack and have been playing it.

Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:38 pm

AnxietyClown wrote:Big thanks to Irm for the heads up on FarCry3. Best $7.99 I've spent on a game - tens of hours of enjoyment, lots of fun playing just through the story mode. Appreciate the heads up. Now on to my $10 Bioshock Infinite.

Did you ever get around to playing Bioshock Infinite? I thought the story was pretty fantastic, and the mechanics are solid throughout.
Post a reply