It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:47 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: The Secret War MMO
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:09 pm 

http://secretwar.thesecretworld.com/

It is based on an idea that EVERY supernatural/otherworldly conspiracy is real. Has be intrigued. The top link is for a facebook based game...and if you wish to play it and join the Dragon join through my facebook page link. http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsecretwar.thesecretworld.com%2Fen_US%2Fshare%2Fmission%2Fvouch%2F322819&h=qAQFZC7i6AQHkd9eYYgvA0u_m4Q1To9YivUpKLFTebWKtKQ

Pre-Order Trailer

Post subject: Re: The Secret War MMO
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:42 am 

For the Facebook game, I took the quiz and it seems I like the Dragons most. Chaos goes hand in hand with being a pyro in TF2.

As for the Secret World, the story is neat, but from what I've read, it's a TAB targeting game. I think I'll pass.

Post subject: Re: The Secret War MMO
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:30 pm 

I've been playing this off and on for a couple weeks now between betas and pre-release. This game is awesome!

One of the main quest types is investigation quests. I don't want to spoil anything so if you're already playing this, the next section will contain spoilers!

SPOILERS!

One of the first quest chains in kingsmouth has you following a series of Illuminati clues. Investigation quests really challenge your ability to think outside the box. Your first clue is to "Follow the illuminati symbols". Directly outside the church there is a sewer lid, which has a pyramid with an open eye in the middle and the words Lux Omnia Vincit. Using the in-game internet browser, I searched the words on google and came up with a translation of something like light conquers all. Judging from the pyramids shape and the position of the eye, it appeared to be almost like an arrow pointing ahead to another sewer lid down the street.

Following a series of sewer lids, I came across a plaque behind a building out on a pier with 4 symbols, and the text "In the seat of power, the navigator immortalized illuminating the path to the sleeping priest and fletcher. In memory of Frans Hals, who perished in light (1580-1666)". I googled Frans Hals and discovered that he was a dutch painter during the golden age. After giving the beginning of the clue some thought, I figured the seat of power in a small town was either the church or city hall, and since the church was where I started at, I headed to the city hall, and sure enough, there were a bunch of paintings inside, but only one looked like the paintings of Frans' that I saw on wikipedia.

Behind the painting, I found the next clue which was super difficult to figure out! The clue read "Time is the province of gods and kings, the hands of time point to truths written by kings in the words of god. The path is open to the enlightened". The hands of time I got pretty quick, as every clock in town hall is stuck at 10:10. After a great deal of running around town, grabbed a note pad and wrote down some clues I had so far. As soon as I wrote 10:10 down, I realized it looked like a bible verse. Not being in any way familiar with the bible, it took me a while to figure out, using google and search the various book titles before I realized one of them was named 'Kings'. Kings 10:10 reads "And she gave the king 120 talents of gold, large quantities of spices, and precious stones. Never again were so many spices brought in as those the queen of Sheba gave to King Solomon.".

Aha! Directly next to the church I started the quest in was a building named Priest House the historical home of a fictional kingsmouth governor named Solomon Priest. I looked around the building for another clue and behind it was a cellar door with a keypad on the side. The code was 120, the number of gold talents from the bible verse. Down in the basement, I found a computer that was locked by a password, which when you type 'hint' it says "As the famous solomon priest once said, Light conquers all". This refers to the writing originally found on the sewer lid, lux omnia vincit - which, when entered, unlocks the computer and finishes the quest chain!

As you can tell from what I mentioned above, this is a very odd type of quest/mission for an mmo, and they are sprinkled generously throughout each area. There are many others that require all sorts of interesting problem solving - many use websites that funcom has registered and created just for the game, like http://orochi-group.net - one quest last night even required me to decode morse code to get a set of coordinates!

END SPOILERS

Besides the unusual quests, the "talent" system is really unique too. Instead of explaining it, I'll just post a video about it ^_^

And here is a video of that quest I just talked about above, just in case you'd rather watch than read! (No hard feelings, promise :P)

This video contains SPOILERS

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]