It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:29 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: XBOX 360 Kinect STAR WARS LE Bundle !!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:44 pm 

Being a SW nerd .. I, and the kids would so love and geek out to this bundle .. if only I could afford it .. But for those who can, this looks like a really cool set ... hopefully it will be around a long while as we want to switch from the PS3 to the Xbox Kinect as XBOX has so many more kid friendly and multiplayer games than PS3. U would so prefer to have the SW version though :)

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Limited- ... B0050SY300

Watch the videos.

Any personal experience here that can support or contradict my opinion on XBOX > PS3 for kids / family gaming ?

Anyone know timelines for when all the new Wii and PS versions come out ?

Post subject: Re: XBOX 360 Kinect STAR WARS LE Bundle !!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:26 pm 

http://www.starwars.com/explore/video-g ... s/#!/about

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:19 pm 

I bought the Xbox 360 mainly for my daughters (yeah, I did want Forza as well :twisted: ) but the game it came with, Kinect Adventures was pretty fun for my daughters (now both 11), and they enjoyed Kinectimals, Kinect Sports, and the wife who is generally a technophobe was even willing to play Dance Central.

I do like that it is a more active play experience rather than just sitting on the couch with a controller - when was the last time you worked up a sweat playing a video game :lol:

One caveat is that is does require a lot of space to use effectively (we fortunately have a lot of living room space).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:21 pm 
Eagle
Eagle

We have a WII, a PS3 and 2 XBOXes and 4 kids. and from what I've seen more of the titles on the XBOX are geared to older kids and more single player or network play with others. A lot of mature ratings and stuff that my younger kids really shouldn't play yet. My older kids love it.

The PS3 doubles as our blu ray player so I tend to hog the time on it. Again it seems like more of the games are family oriented like Little Big Planet for example, they all love playing that together.

For everyone playing at once and lots of family games you can't beat the WII. We all play it together and they also play some over the network with their friends.

Depends on the ages of your kids and what kind of games they really prefer.

I agree with the space required for the kinect, there is an attachment my son got recently that shrinks in the area required for it if you have a smaller room.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:04 pm 

We have a 360 with Kinect and a Wii...The 360 gets the most use. The youngest plays his Lego Star Wars games while the oldest is a Forza 4 expert. I still play some fighting games and everyone uses it as the Netflix portal of choice. The Wii gets used but only if there are sports games they want to play that are not on Kinect Sports.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:34 pm 

As a general stereotype, kinect is great for parties. That is, when you want to take turns and enjoy the company of other people (regardless of ages involved). I think this motion sensor business is not well suited for extended solo play (unless you're trying to lose weight). ;)

I haven't play SW on kinect (it's not out yet right?) but I expect to be pleased for a few minutes at the cool factor and then disappointed at the lack of variety and choice in playing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:35 am 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

nooobieee wrote:
As a general stereotype, I expect to be pleased for a few minutes at the cool factor and then disappointed at the lack of variety and choice.

sound's like a political discussion is coming! :P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:30 pm 

It sounds like you're specifically interested in Kinect? Otherwise Wii seems to have more kiddie games.

I have a Kinect, and you'll definitely want some of the later games, as they learned to use the device better and filled in the missing games, such as Kinect Sports 2. Dance Central 2 is better than 1 for the sole reason that you can track/score 2 people at the same time, which takes away the potential embarrassment of someone who doesn't want to dance solo. Gunstringer is one of the best Kinect games (controlling a marionette and shooting stuff with your finger in a gun shape). You can also try the Kinect Labs stuff, which is free. It's a bunch of toys for Kinect, stuff that isn't a full game, but kids (and you) will surely be intrigued at all the stuff Microsoft puts up just to mess around with. The Xbox avatars are well integrated and cute.

Just keep your credit card info off the Xbox or it'll be very easy for kids to rack up a bill.

And finally, the R2-D2 xbox is a bunch of extra brownie points! I'd buy it if I had a reason to replace my currently working Kinect/Xbox.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]