It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 8:05 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 21 posts ]
 Post subject: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO -Game Pre-Orders Begin Today
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:26 am 

http://jedimouseketeer.blogspot.com/201 ... egins.html

EA Unveils Special Editions of Star Wars: The Old Republic — Available for Pre-Order Starting Today

Early Game Access and Exclusive In-Game Content Announced for Highly Anticipated MMO with all Pre-Orders Beginning Today

Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Test Weekends to Start this September

I am in !

Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO -Game Pre-Orders Begin T
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:19 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

just finished pre-ordering the deluxe edition, looking forward to getting in and playing! :jedifight: :woot:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:35 pm 

Star Wars: The Old Republic early access detailed
Now that it at long last has a release date, developer BioWare have started talking specifics about The Old Republic's early access - which won't be happening at the same time for everyone.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/87697 ... z1ZNbSkJUO

Long before we knew the game was coming out on December 22 (December 20 in the US) EA was promising that if you pre-ordered the game with them you'd be allowed to start playing it before anyone else. That's still true, but early access will only be granted on a first-come-first-served basis.

This all depend on when exactly you redeem your pre-order code and, by the sound of it, a degree of luck.

'While we understand all of you want to be in early game access on day one, part of the point of a head start program like this one is to allow us to gradually ramp up the population of our servers so that on launch day, the general play experience is as pleasant as possible,' explained senior online community manager Stephen Reid on the official forums.

'While we're going to be allowing a lot of people into early game access at regular intervals, we cannot allow everyone who pre-orders in at once.That would defeat the point of a gradual head start.

'The next obvious question is 'I pre-ordered on day X, when do I get access?' While we cannot answer that for everyone, I will say (as I did in July) that those who pre-ordered early will be getting early game access, well, earliest,' he continued.

'At this point we still have pre-orders available and therefore, anyone who pre-orders will still gain early game access, but as they're redeeming their code later, they'll get early game access later. As I've said before the difference between 'early' and 'later' should be a matter of days, not weeks.'

Non-coincidentally we found an email from BioWare's PR company in our inbox this morning, offering us access to a 'special game testing preview period for media' for the game - which is apparently due to start 'shortly'.

With The Old Republic's pricing structure being announced at the same time as the date, Cowen & Company analyst Doug Creutz has predicted that the game will sell 3 million copies in its first year and that it will probably have a stable 2 million subscribers by the end of 2012.

We've no idea what orifice he's pulled those figures out of, but that's the job of a games industry analyst for you…

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/87697 ... z1ZNbSkJUO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:36 pm 

Just got invited in...guess I will see how it is...after the 30GB download... :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:30 pm 

There's a Sith Warrior running around named Genjuro - hey now!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:53 pm 

just started an alt Sith Inquisitor name Synnarya...all my characters are on the PVP server

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:00 pm 
Condor
Condor

May or may not, definitely not saying anything in an official capacity, potentially, kinda, sorta, might, individuals could infer, that I might be reading some sort of agreement about this weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:26 pm 

:sign3: But the , um , freeways are all backed up and waiting time to get on the serverish interstate is taking WAY too long

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:29 pm 
Condor
Condor

Yeah traffic is terrible, and I called ahead to work to fix some check up on some problem I had, turns out I might not be working this weekend after all. They won't tell me when exactly, but apparently I should just show up for work every weekend in case. That's management for ya.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:33 pm 

Commuting has been quite enjoyable thus far - once you get off the highway and into the city, there are almost no accidents, and traffic flows smoothly. Following my GPS instructions does not feel like a chore, and it has very nice voice work done for each and every direction it gives out. It's very easier to get immersed and forget you're driving to work at all. I am definitely going to keep commuting into the city for quite some time.

Last edited by Irminsul on Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:20 pm 

Sat was nuts...had to wait over 40 minutes on the on-ramp just to get on my normal highway. Though, must say the changes they made have made for smoother flow.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:17 pm 

^_^

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:41 pm 

Looks like Penny Arcade has some beta codes, imagine they'll be snatched up pretty quick though:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2011/11/16/10000-star-wars-the-old-republic-codes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:27 am 

Hmmm, I've been invited to play SWTOR this weekend. I'm thinking about testing a Sith Inquisitor Assassin, sound like a good idea?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:35 pm 

nooobieee wrote:
Hmmm, I've been invited to play SWTOR this weekend. I'm thinking about testing a Sith Inquisitor Assassin, sound like a good idea?

I played the role as a snarky wise-ass and it made the story all the better. Also, this class has a nice set of lightening powers that can stun opponents allowing you to beat on them while they are helpless. Have enjoyed that class quite a bit...just hate all of the dresses that are supposed to be armor for this class...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:16 pm 

Not sure it will go through or not, but tried to create a guild .. Renegade Heroes .. Allies .. PvE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:39 am 

I've played Bounty Hunter/Republic Trooper, as well as the sith tank, sith spy/assassin and jedi healer characters. Although I like the lightsaber stuff, my favorite so far is the republic trooper commando - nice ranged AoE attacks and some light healing to boot. Plus my favorite attack is the rifle-butt stock strike that reminds me of the old DoD days :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:46 am 

Love the rifle butt strike, it really does take you back to what are fast becoming our "good old days"! :lol:

The game is pretty good, so far I've enjoyed the Sith Inquisitor the most (I absolutely LOVE the "seeth" animation). The Trooper is fine as well. Does the story for each class go all the way to 50 like this? They really have made it seem like you're in a movie (8 different movies in fact!)

Negatives:

Quote:
Some of the quests seem like distractions, and so the voice over way of getting each quest feels burdensome at times (especially some of the goody two shoes type quests you get as trooper).

They put so much into the stories, I'm afraid the game play is lacking. Every class I've tried so far is almost identical in the way you play (even ranged versus melee). This could just be a "level 1-10" sort of thing though.

Never really liked dialogues where you press a button to respond, it always seems so pointless to me.

They still keep the "Tank, Healer, DPS" roles and all that entails. But most classes are two role hybrids (Tank + DPS, or Heal + DPS).

Positives:

Quote:
It's the Old Republic baby! The worlds (same as zones) look fantastic.

The stories for each class are unique, so replaying to level each class seems interesting.

The fighting graphics are incredible, saber fights include blocking and parrying moves. Very very well done.

You typically fight 4-5 NPCs at a time and so the game play is built for that and the fighting flows well. It feels like you're powerful.

The companion system seems interesting. Not sure yet.

You get a personal starship, which is better then WoW but not as good as housing in LOTRO (which is not as good as housing in DAOC).

I do think they missed an opportunity to get rid of the triumvirate of the roles. Instead of tanking, they could replace that with CC everyone has and healing could be limited. If you win your way to the boss, you should just be able to take the boss into custody or kill him off. Their shouldn't be singular "bosses" in Star Wars that require raids to kill like in WoW imho. The Death Star itself is the closest to that and the battle was a DPS and strategy battle, not a "tank and spank". In other words, the fighting should be closer to DoD then to WoW.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:24 pm 

Have my pre-order...who else is getting this? Are we going to clan up? What server?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:42 pm 

Got mine. Game is open early to preorders. Will be on tonight.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:41 pm 

See you there!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 21 posts ]