It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:34 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Battlefield 3 vs COD:MW3
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:55 pm 

Hate to say it, but this fact makes my choice for me...as well as the fact that the maps of COD are just too damn small...
No damn subscription fees for BF3!!!

Activision monetizing MW3...WTG @$$Hats! Way to make sure I won't buy this game.

Post subject: Re: Battlefield 3 vs COD:MW3
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:23 pm 
Hawk
Hawk

You're still going to get the same COD experience for free. That said, can't wait for BF3. The whole BF3 vs MW3 is going too revolve around BF3 console version. Everything we've seen has to be PC, no way it looks that good on console.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:19 pm 

You'll just get more for free with BF3. I do not like anything that Activision has been saying about this COD:Elite. I have read several articles and in NONE of them does Activision state what will be the reason for charging extra. I suspect that they WILL be charging for things that WILL be game changing, such as weapons add-ons, and other extras that other games give for free. This is totally geared to the casual players who won't mind paying an extra amount if they can get ahead quicker...just wait for it...it WILL happen.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:33 am 
Hawk
Hawk

With COD Elite you get all the dlc maps that will come, kinda like what 2k is doing with LA Noire which could save you money. We'll be paying money for BF3 maps. Only real difference is all the stat stuff you're paying for in COD will be free in BF3.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:00 pm 

sLiPdIsCo wrote:
With COD Elite you get all the dlc maps that will come, kinda like what 2k is doing with LA Noire which could save you money. We'll be paying money for BF3 maps. Only real difference is all the stat stuff you're paying for in COD will be free in BF3.

I'll be playing this on PC and won't have to worry about paying for maps...and I LOVE stats and the very idea of paying for them is, quite frankly, insane...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:31 pm 
Hawk
Hawk

Just because you're playing it on PC doesn't mean you won't pay for maps. This isn't valve making BF3.

I agree paying for stats is dumb, but like I said that's not all you're getting.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:46 pm 

sLiPdIsCo wrote:
Just because you're playing it on PC doesn't mean you won't pay for maps. This isn't valve making BF3.

I agree paying for stats is dumb, but like I said that's not all you're getting.

...and this is my point...you are making their defense for them...you are already stating that there is a value that you will not mind paying. Due to this attitude, and you DO have the right to this opinion, that Activision WILL monetize Multiplayer sooner rather than later. You, and people like you, WILL embolden Kotick and his ilk to do as they wish because MW and all of its eventual sequels WILL be bought. Who cares if they charge a little for you to get stats, its not ALL you get...they won't mind paying a little extra for things that other games give away for free...as long as we can play some more MW, it doesn't matter how much over the initial investment I have to pay.

BF3 for me...MW3 for you. No issues. I just won't pay extra when I don't need to...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:08 pm 
Hawk
Hawk

I do mind paying for stats. I was just saying there's more than stats. Also, I'm BF3 all the way.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]