Switch to full style
Info on World of Warcraft -open to registered forum members
Post a reply

Downloading

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:27 am

Just started downloading the Mists of Pandara Beta, anyone else get an invite yet? Also started downloading the Pre-install of Diablo 3.

Re: Downloading

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:57 am

Hi Ect - I got an invite and played a Monk to level 10 last night before logging out. It didn't give the me chance to do feedback the way they have in previous betas - seems like you have to do a 'normal' bug report.

I do like how you don't have to keep running back to town to train between 1-10...

I don't like the trolls and a$$hats that stand on top of the quest giver and quest items (OMG - burning the scroll! turn off player names, hover, patiently watch for wheelie, and pray!)

It slims out player-wise the Further you go. Some cute new quests, though not a lot, just enough to level quickly. It was funny to watch people run up to a quest giver and every single one would ding. Fa-wooOM! Flash of light. NEXT!

Panda skeletons are weird looking.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:29 am

I got my invite a few days ago, but haven't logged onto anything in over a week, so I haven't done anything with it.

Tien wrote:I don't like the trolls and a$$hats that stand on top of the quest giver and quest items (OMG - burning the scroll! turn off player names, hover, patiently watch for wheelie, and pray!)

Tien, look through your bindkey list. there is a place to set a bindkey for "interact with target" or something like that. set that up and then you can just do /tar questgiver name and hit your interact key. that way you don't have to try to get lucky with a right click. I did that at the beginning of cata and it worked wonders.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:54 pm

Ooo - good advice Ash - thanks!

My toon is on the US server Lost Isles, as kktien (so very original, no?)

See ya in game!

Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:13 am

I transferred Meeknot over to the beta and also started a monk, Mailon. I made it to level 10 and am not impressed with how cutthroat it is against other players to get a named mob down. My son wants to play a monk and that scroll quest (with is the third quest you get in the game) is not going to be any fun for him. I can deal with the bottlenecks in the game, but I'm going to give my input to Bliz once my son has a go at it.

I'm on Lost Isles as well for anyone that wants to add me as a friend. To make it easier, send me a PM to be friends on Battlenet to find me on any of my characters.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:32 pm

I've been messing around on the beta a bit myself, but it's pretty 'un-fun' so far. WAY too many lowbie pandas to get a good feel for the starting area right now (imo). Have yet to check out any of the high end content, as I'm worried it'll be more of the same.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:04 am

Tien wrote:as kktien

you should just start defaulting to kkitten
Post a reply