It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:26 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
 Post subject: Firelands nerf incoming
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:53 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

With the final showdown against Deathwing approaching, we’ve been keeping a close eye on players' progress through the current Firelands raid content. Before patch 4.3 is released, we want groups who are working on Heroic-difficulty content to be able to get as close to Ragnaros as possible, and we want players who are tackling normal progression to be able to experience as many of the encounters as they can. To achieve these goals, we’ll be toning down the difficulty of both normal and Heroic raids through hotfixes in the coming weeks. In general, we plan to reduce health and damage of all raid bosses in both normal and Heroic Firelands by around the same percentage we brought difficulty down for the original Cataclysm raids when Rage of the Firelands (patch 4.2) was released.

We're looking forward to seeing more groups of players face off against the Fire Lord in the weeks ahead. However, before we make these changes, we want to give everyone a final shot at the bosses at their current difficulty level -- so this is a heads up that we’re planning to apply the difficulty hotfixes beginning the week of September 19.

Stay tuned to the Patch 4.2 Hotfixes blog for these and other live updates to the game as they happen.

yup, thats next week people. they nerfed the last tier by 30%, so expect the same here. seems pretty early if you ask me. :no:

Post subject: Re: Firelands nerf incoming
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:38 am 

The rate of change for WoW seems to keep accelerating. It's been less then a year and they're already nerfing boss encounters. This is such a different approach then the days of MC and BWL.

I guess they want to keep a tight schedule for rolling out the next paid expansion?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:12 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

I say we try and get Rags before the nerf. Otherwise it makes it seem cheap to get it after.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:14 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Khaba wrote:
I say we try and get Rags before the nerf. Otherwise it makes it seem cheap to get it after.

I agree. we'll discuss extending the instance tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:28 pm 
Eagle
Eagle

/sign

I agree. Getting Ragnaros seems very possible at his current difficulty and I'd like to see him down before the nerf.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

full on nerf today. :(

Firelands

* Hell Hound Rend Flesh damage has been reduced by 25%.
* The damage multiplier granted by energy to Unstable Magma has been reduced by 50%.
* Alysrazor
o Health and damage have been reduced by 25% on normal difficulty. Health and damage have been reduced by 15% on Heroic difficulty.
o Alysrazor now drops 1 additional feather in 10-player mode and 2 additional feathers in 25-player mode in all cycles.
o The Wings of Flame buff duration on Alysrazor is now uniformly 30 seconds.
o Alysrazor’s Fiery Tornados now move slower.
* Baleroc
o Health and damage have been reduced by 25% on normal difficulty. Health and damage have been reduced by 15% on Heroic difficulty.
o Baleroc now swings 25% slower while Decimation Blade is active.
o The duration of Tormented has been reduced on normal difficulty.
* Beth'tilac
o Beth'tilac's health and damage have been reduced by 15% on both normal and Heroic difficulty.
* Lord Rhyolith
o Health and damage have been reduced by 15% on both normal and Heroic difficulty.
o The health and damage of additional enemies in this encounter have been reduced by 15% on both normal and Heroic difficulty.
* Majordomo Fandral Staghelm
o Health and damage have been reduced by 25% on normal difficulty. Health and damage has been reduced by 15% on Heroic difficulty.
o Druid of the Flame have had their health reduced by 15%, and Sunfire damage reduced by 25% on both difficulties.
o The health and melee damage of Spirit of the Flame have been reduced by 25% on normal difficulty, and reduced by 15% on Heroic difficulty.
* Ragnaros
o Ragnaros' health and damage have been reduced by 25% on normal difficulty.
o Ragnaros' damage has been reduced by 15% on Heroic difficulty.
o Magma Trap damage has been reduced on all difficulties.
o The health and damage of additional enemies in this encounter have been reduced by 25% on normal difficulty and 15% on Heroic difficulty.
o Wrath of Ragnaros now knocks targets up, but not back, on normal difficulty.
* Shannox
o Health and damage have been reduced by 15% on both normal and Heroic difficulty.
o Riplimb's health has been reduced by 15%.
o Rageface's health has been reduced by 15%.
o Magma Flare damage and Hurl Spear damage have been reduced by 15% on both difficulties.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:03 pm 

Are they going to do something about the heroric 5 man instances? I hear they take like an hour each instead of the 20-30 minutes in Wrath. Frankly, that's the one thing holding me back from playing Cataclysm.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

some are longer than others, and there are currently 2 levels of heroics (soon to be 3). most are around 30min, but there are 2 or 3 that take longer. the ZA/ZG heroics are pretty quick if you have a decent group, but can take an hour for less geared groups.

I doubt you would find they needed nerfing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

wow. HUGE nerf. 1 shot 6 bosses with a new healer that had never seen most of the fights. :(
oh well, at least a lot more people will get to see the instance.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:01 am 
Condor
Condor

I don't like it. The whole thing feels pretty cheap now, all the work on Domo getting the mechanics down just turned into a faceroll. Most bosses are likely 2-healer dps fast-burns now. The LK nerf of 5% per week at least made it feel like you were still "earning" some kills.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:46 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

Katja wrote:
I don't like it. The whole thing feels pretty cheap now,

Yeah I agree...it seems like a joke now

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:47 am 
Falcon
Falcon

I think it's great. Now everyone can work on heroics and people who are not in decent guilds can at least pug past the first 2 or 3 bosses.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:37 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Whimsie wrote:
I think it's great. Now everyone can work on heroics and people who are not in decent guilds can at least pug past the first 2 or 3 bosses.

oh, I'm not against nerfs in general. I think after awhile gradual nerfs to get everyone through it is a good thing. I just don't like how big these nerfs were, along with being sudden. I know we aren't on the cutting edge, but I didn't feel like we sucked either. I think there was still time for middle of the road guilds like ours to get it pre-nerf.

I guess its our fault for slacking though. we were very close to getting rags before, so if we'd have just gotten on with it earlier, we'd have been fine.
strangely enough, the boss that took us the longest to get was beth'talac. :doh:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]