It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:01 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: War Games!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

ok, I can see some real fun potential here!

group 1 vs. group 2 AB... winning team gets 1000g from the guild bank!
5v5 in guild arena match... winner gets guild repairs!
other ideas??

Q: What's a War Game?
A: A War Game is an unranked match in which one group of players challenges another group to an Arena or Battleground skirmish in a setting of their choosing. The leader of the group will be able to initiate a War Game by opening the Player vs. Player window (H) as explained below.

Q: How does it work?
A: After you've formed your group (a minimum number of party members is needed depending on the Battleground or Arena chosen), open the Player vs. Player window (H), and select the War Games tab. To start a War Game you must be the party leader, select a Battleground or Arena, target an opposing party leader, and click the Start War Game button.

The other party leader will receive a pop-up notice stating " has challenged you to a War Game in the ."

The challenged party leader then has a little over a minute to accept the challenge. Once he or she accepts, each group will be placed in the queue and will receive a pop-up window prompting them to enter the skirmish once it's ready.

Q: Can I play War Game skirmishes against members of my own faction?
A: Yes! The War Game skirmish system allows you to challenge players in your same faction to Arena and Battleground matches. You can also challenge those of the opposite faction.

Q: What Battlegrounds and Arenas are available to play?
A: Players can choose from the drop-down menu the following Battlegrounds and Arenas to play in:

* Battlegrounds
o 10v10 (minimum 5v5)
+ Warsong Gulch
+ Twin Peaks
+ Battle for Gilneas
+ (Rated)Eye of the Storm
o 15v15 (minimum 8v8)
+ Arathi Basin
+ Eye of the Storm
+ Strand of the Ancients
o 40v40 (minimum 10v10)
+ Alterac Valley
+ Isle of Conquest
+ Random Battleground
* Arenas (2v2,3v3,5v5, minimum 2v2)
o Nagrand Arena
o Blade’s Edge Arena
o Ruins of Lordaeron
o Dalaran Sewers
o The Ring of Valor
o All Arenas

Q: Can I challenge a team from another realm to a skirmish?
A: No, you can only challenge opponents on your own realm.

Q: Can I start a game if one team has fewer group members than the other?
A: You are able to create a Battleground War Game with uneven team sizes, but you are not able to create an Arena War Game with uneven team sizes. For example, an 8v5 Warsong Gulch War Game is possible, but launching an Arena War Game with uneven team sizes won't work.

Q: What's the largest possible size for a War Game?
A: Arena War Games can support up to 5v5 matches. Battleground group sizes are limited to the maximum number of participants each map normally allows.

Q: Are any statistics recorded from War Game skirmishes?
A: No, they work similarly to the old Arena skirmish system. Kills, damage, and healing are tracked and displayed at the end of the match, but wins and losses are not.

Q: How long does it take for a War Game match to start?
A: Once the challenge has been accepted, you will generally be through the queue in less than 30 seconds. War Games offer you a quick way to get into practice matches with other teams, test out potential recruits, or just have fun with your friends.

Q: Can I receive achievements or guild experience in a War Game?
A: Because you can pick who you play against, nothing is awarded for playing in these skirmishes -- except for the rush that comes with a hard-won victory, of course.

Q: Do I get honor for killing players in a War Game Battleground?
A: No. These are skirmish matches, so no honor is awarded for objectives or kills.

Q: Why have you added this feature?
A: Players have long been asking for a way to challenge specific teams, guildmates, friends, and rivals to skirmish matches in Arenas and Battlegrounds of their choosing. We hope you enjoy this new feature, and we look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!

Post subject: Re: War Games!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:43 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

Uggg...plz dont make me get PvP gear again....It could be a fun way to pass the time though.

Post subject: Re: War Games!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:56 am 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

That does sound like fun!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]