It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:02 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Dungeon Finder and players from the same realm
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That isn't just a coincidence. Many players have stated since the release of the Dungeon Finder that they like the convenience of being matched for a group automatically, but they miss the feeling of community when they're paired with strangers from other realms with whom they might never speak again. So we made a slight change in the way the Dungeon Finder sorts through the queue matching players for a dungeon.

This was a late addition to the patch notes made yesterday evening:

The Dungeon Finder will attempt to place players from the same realm in a party together

awesome change!
one of the things I missed most from pugging is that occasionally you'd meet someone you'd really like to have in your guild. sure, sometimes you'd get bantamhua, but it wasn't always bad. :P
with the cross-realm thing, you rarely were grouped with people from uldum, so there was no real recruiting chance. now hopefully that will change. :thumbsup:

(we'll see if bant ever reads our forums :lol: )

Post subject: Re: Dungeon Finder and players from the same realm
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:28 am 
Falcon
Falcon

I'm so terrified of pugging the new dungeons (even with 3/5 or so guildies) I still haven't done the new ones. I pug almost all of my heroics, and just don't feel like spending hours in a 5 man. It is like the stonecore; you still never know if that one person is going to cause wipe after wipe after wipe.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:38 am 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

Cool, will be nice to see some more 'familiar faces' (or add more people to my ignore list).

Sugref wrote:
I'm so terrified of pugging the new dungeons (even with 3/5 or so guildies) I still haven't done the new ones. I pug almost all of my heroics, and just don't feel like spending hours in a 5 man. It is like the stonecore; you still never know if that one person is going to cause wipe after wipe after wipe.
I don't know about ZG, but ZA was really easy. I pugged it with no problem. The strats are almost the same, and easy enough to explain to someone who hasn't seen the fights.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:12 am 
Falcon
Falcon

Shaddoch wrote:
Cool, will be nice to see some more 'familiar faces' (or add more people to my ignore list).

Sugref wrote:
I don't know about ZG, but ZA was really easy. I pugged it with no problem. The strats are almost the same, and easy enough to explain to someone who hasn't seen the fights.

The strats for Ozruk are easy as well, and I still occasionally have a tank that will wipe us nonstop on it. I think I am going to work up the courage to try healing it tonight, but that all depends on how much fun I am having on my priest. Healing as disc so far (almost lvl 76) feels like cheating. I out-damage the dpsers via holyfire/smite healing most of the time.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:21 am 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

Sugref wrote:
The strats for Ozruk are easy as well, and I still occasionally have a tank that will wipe us nonstop on it.
Funny you should mention that...have you been talking to Ashman? :oops: :lol:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]