It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:52 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Al'Akir anyone?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:02 pm 
Eagle
Eagle

From Ask the Devs:

Q: I feel that the current item drop ratio per part for caster's is little bit weird. While belt slot items are very common, wrist and ranged (wand) item are drastically rare. Now players don't like going to Throne of the Four Winds because belt and pants are so easily acquired via other way. What if the drops of Throne of the Four Winds changed into rare slot items, such as wrist and wand? - 빛그리고사제 (Korea)

A: There are a few issues embedded in this question. One is that while we like the random nature of the Throne of the Four Winds gear overall, it occupies a strange niche in the current itemization scheme. Al'Akir for example is fairly challenging, but so are Cho'gall and Nefarian. The net result is that many players lack epic legs, heads or shoulders and so have a strong incentive to spend Valor Point on their tier set of legs. By the time they defeat Al'Akir, nobody wants his legs. We plan on tweaking those loot tables a little for 4.1; Al'Akir will drop some random necks and cloaks as well as helm or shoulder tokens in addition or in some cases instead of his current loot.

As far as some items being rarer than others, that is the kind of thing we vary so that every tier of content doesn’t feel like a photocopy of the previous tier with bigger numbers. Our PvP gear for a variety of reasons has become very formulaic, and we don’t want the same thing to befall PvE. Bracers are hard to get now (though the trolls in 4.1 have a lot!), but next tier it might be a different item that becomes precious.

Post subject: Re: Al'Akir anyone?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:59 pm 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

I have yet to kill Al'Akir... But this is nice to know.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:38 am 
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

OK I did a little bit of reading into his loot table...apparently, it's completely random if you'll get tier or not. Which includes shoulders and gloves.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 2:18 am 
Renegade Heroes
Renegade Heroes

like agalon?

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:33 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

except for having another boss before it and being 100x as hard, yes, just the same.

http://www.thehandsondad.com

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]